Find
Notify
Tools

Need to identify primers...
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of HerrBerg
posted
Shotshell primers are hard to find in Sweden. In a country with a few hundred thousand shotguns amongst 9 million people, we are still precious few that reload shotshells. Practice ammo is dirt cheap so it doesn't pay to reload. Reloading shotshells is for performance and tweaking only.

So, the effect is that no gun shops sell shotshell primers. They can be bought via mail but the hazardous shipping fees are just ridiculous. And delivery time... one can surely assume that the dealers do not carry any stocks but wait for a number of orders to accumulate, then they import... Thios can take months.

So, a bag of primers isn't someting one would throw away. I laid my hands on a set of primers from a gun shop that I suspect had bought them from a shotshell company in Sweden. They're not in their original boxes, but in a plastic bag in a box filled with styrofoam. But still, you don't throw away shotshell primers in Sweden.

Still, I would bet a case of beer that this is Cheddite or Fiocchi, since these are the sole suppliers to this shotshell manufacturer. But what type? Any help would be appreciated.

Write hard and clear about what hurts
-E. Hemingway

Posts: 1723 | Location: Stockholm, Sweden | Registered: 18 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
Doesn't look like the Fiocchi's we load in the US (all nickel colored). HTH, Dutch.

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly dog.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of johnch
posted Hide Post
That looks like a Cheddite primer .
There is 2 , I am not sure witch one it is .

Johnch

NRA life
Delta
Pheasants Forever
DU
Hunt as if your life depended on your results

Posts: 591 | Location: NW ,Ohio 10 Min from Ottawa NWR | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of johnch
posted Hide Post
Here is a pic of the Cheddite primers I have .
I beleive they are 5 - 10 years old , from when I shot trap 4 days a week .

I beleive Cheddite makes 2 different primers .
Not sure witch you have and can't remember what the differances are .

Johnch

NRA life
Delta
Pheasants Forever
DU
Hunt as if your life depended on your results

Posts: 591 | Location: NW ,Ohio 10 Min from Ottawa NWR | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote