Tools

WTB 20 gauge hulls AA or STS Rem, anyone
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
With a 1000 or so to spare?

PM me thanks,

Tim

Posts: 274 | Location: GREENVILLE SC | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scout Master 54
posted Hide Post
Drop Pa Pa Charlie a note; go to:

https://sites.google.com/site/papcharlieshulls/

He is great to do business with.

Posts: 332 | Location: Western CT | Registered: 10 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks I sent him an email.

Posts: 274 | Location: GREENVILLE SC | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bought some more 12's but still need 20's.

Thanks,

Tim

one of us
posted Hide Post
If you have a choice, 20 ga. Rem STS, Gun Clubs, Shur Shot etc. are preferable to the AAHS IMO. Rem's have a larger internal volume and work well with a variety of wads where as the AAHS can be quite particular about the load / wad to get a decent crimp.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The cheddite seems to be available however no one really says anything that great about them....

one of us
posted Hide Post
Cheddites & Federal hulls though reloadable are hulls of straight walled design which work best with the Fed 20S1 wad (expensive) or imported Gualdini wads. Then you are looking at 3 or 4 reloads before they split at the folds. Rems will net you about 8 reloads and Win's about the same. With Rem hulls I prefer the Orange Duster or the CB 1078-20 for 7/8 oz loads when it comes to the Win AAHS your best choice for 7/8 oz loads is the Windjammer 20.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Scout your information is really appreciated. I will order these wads. Ended up buying 500 STS loaded from Cabelas for $90 for 500. At the .10 a hull I was seeing, this seemed like a better deal. Free freight at $100 so I bought a mec 12 ga shell boxer thing and used my Cabelas points. A Winner!!!

One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scout Master 54:
Cheddites & Federal hulls though reloadable are hulls of straight walled design which work best with the Fed 20S1 wad (expensive) or imported Gualdini wads. Then you are looking at 3 or 4 reloads before they split at the folds. Rems will net you about 8 reloads and Win's about the same. With Rem hulls I prefer the Orange Duster or the CB 1078-20 for 7/8 oz loads when it comes to the Win AAHS your best choice for 7/8 oz loads is the Windjammer 20.

Everything written here is spot on!
The CB-1075-20 do work good in a AA hull.If you want to save some lead.

Posts: 753 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
GunBroker usually has these hulls for sale.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2628 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote