Find
Notify
Tools

Mec progressive reloader
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
hello,
a guy at work asked me if i knew of anyone who wanted to buy a Mec 9000 progressive 12 guage reloader for $100. Does anyone know about Mec progressive's? Would it be worth the price? thanks
Bkmastr

"It is allways better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you are stupid than to open it and prove them right."

Posts: 203 | Location: Hays Kansas | Registered: 05 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If it is in good shape, and fully functional that is a very good price for a 9000. You have the added advantages of being able to look it over in person, and get it without paying shipping. If you're interested in a shotgun loading tool...MEC is a lot of value for the money.

Posts: 953 | Location: Florida | Registered: 17 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RandyWakeman
posted Hide Post
Heck yes-- a bargain! jumping

I use a pair of 9000G's.

Posts: 375 | Location: Plainfield, IL | Registered: 11 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
If the press is in working order,,it's a steal!! The crimp cam setting is the most critical and sensitive part of a mec press,,and I mean an adjustment of 1/32" can make a big difference in the crimp quality. You also need to keep the strokes consistant,don't slam the handle,,or you'll never get the same shot twice,,,smooth and steady. take your time and you can comfortly roll out a bunch of nice shells in no time. I ditched the mec charge bars from both of my mec progessives and replaced with universal charge bars,,much happier,,some people love them,,an equal amount hate them,,could be a thread by itself,,,Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

I reload on 2 MEC Progressives. A 1973 vintage MEC 650, and a mid 90's Grabber. I also have a older Mec "Case Conditioner", (resizer), that I use to resize and deprime before sending them thru the dishwasher, (wifes job). All 3 have served me well for years. I updated the 650 a bit with a newer primer feed system, and a wooden handle. Mec reloaders are one of the better buys out there. Bill T.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote