THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTSHELL RELOADING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Shotshell Reloading    Reverse Engineering (RE) the Centurion Buck & Ball Load
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reverse Engineering (RE) the Centurion Buck & Ball Load
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I dissected a few of these.

Here's what I found...............

Payload.....consists of one .650" round ball weighing 391.3 gr. and six #1 buck (.30")pellets weighing 40.23 gr. ea. for a total weight of 638.68 gr. (1.45 oz.).

Hull and primer ......Fiocchi 2 3/4" hull, 16mm brass, 7mm basewad, F616 primer, clear ribbed tube.

The two piece wad is the 20 ga. obturator gas seal (available from Ballistic Products) contained in an UNKNOWN wad (shown here)....

Powder ....... 24.6 gr. UNKNOWN gray square flake powder, 2.8cc volume....(cc/gr = .11382
...gr/cc = 8.7857 .... these numbers are very similar to Alliant Herco)

Loaded OAL 2.38" and the crimp is shown here.....

Note: I will edit as more complete info is obtained.

Posts: 49226 | Registered: 21 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
wow thats one mean looking shell. wouldn't want to be standing in front of that.

If a word is spelled wrong its not my fault its the computer's

Posts: 25 | Location: Southern Ohio | Registered: 15 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of oscar
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the great info.I have recently been trying my hand at slug/ball loading,and finding it very interesting.

I will be looking forward to your updates.I would not mind putting together a few of these rounds myself for testing. Oscar

Posts: 79 | Location: Pittsburgh PA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote