New
Find
Notify
Tools

Price of 16 ga. shells
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was on Able Ammo's web sight yesterday looking for 16 ga. Federal shells. I like to reload Federals shells so I was going to buy a flat of no. 8's.
Scrolling down I glanced at their no. 6 pheasant load. High brass and I think buffered lead.
$45.00 a box.
Damn!

Posts: 408 | Location: morgan city, LA | Registered: 26 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
Graf and Sons, Cheaper than Dirt and Cabelas have much better prices. I just ordered a bunch of 16ga. this past Sunday. I did pay over $30 for a box of high brass Federal Premium #4.

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is insanity. A year ago I bought a csae of Fiocchi gold pheasants, nickel #5 for $149.00.
I pretty much have gone to reloading 16s because of availability and price. I have ( not for sale) lots of empties.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2634 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
One more time it appears that stocking up at sales when I had extra money didn't hurt.

My two 16 ga. shotguns have been living for the last 20 years on 16 ga. shells I bought for $30 per CASE, and I still have 5 cases (2,500) of them left.

For "jump-shooting" Greenheads off of ponds, that might just be enough for the rest of my life.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
Time to buy a loader--- lee or mec.

Posts: 5697 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you are asking, MEC Sizemaster.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2634 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
...all this makes that $15.00/box I saw quite reasonable, NOT Mad

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
Very nice 16ga shells in #6 and #7.5 and #8.5 here:

Holland & Holland 16ga Cartridges (USA)

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brad may:
I was on Able Ammo's web sight yesterday looking for 16 ga. Federal shells. I like to reload Federals shells so I was going to buy a flat of no. 8's.
Scrolling down I glanced at their no. 6 pheasant load. High brass and I think buffered lead.
$45.00 a box.
Damn!

Just bought 3 boxes in Wasilla AK for $9 a box.

kk alaska

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've been using these http://www.bandpusa.com/f2-classic-16-ga/ in my Sterlingworth . They work very well. And they ship free.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I really like the B&P shells aerostaroutdoors also sells them just bought a case of the 20 ga nickel plate had them in 2 days.

No matter where you go or what you do there you are! Yes tis true and tis pity but pity tis, tis true.