THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTSHELL RELOADING FORUM

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

old 20 ga nitro card ( or others) wads??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does any one have some 20 wads they don't use any more? I sure would like some to use as fillers in my 12 ga wads for 1 oz loads.

Let me know what you have and what $$ you need.

Thanks

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3991 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not too hard to find:
https://www.precisionreloading...#!c=15&ga=20%20Gauge
BP has them also. There are all sorts of plastic wads for 7/8 and 1 oz out there now.
C.G.B.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't have any fiber wads, but what I use in the shot cup when I'm not using enough shot to fill, are discs that I have cut from the foam trays I get when purchasing meat. A 5/8" punch works well, producing foam discs that fit well into the cup of WW AA 12 wads. they take the place of about 1/8 oz of shot.

Posts: 1421 | Location: WA St, USA | Registered: 28 August 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
OK< thanks, good idea.

Posts: 3991 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
An old skeet shooting friend of my dad's used to place a pinto bean in the case followed by the shot. I am not sure what that did to the patterns but he claimed it worked just right.
C.G.B.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
late to the party, but Circle Fly makes and sells a lot of card wads, fiber wads and 'vegetable' wads. The quality is good.

On the web at: Circle Fly Wads

Posts: 872 | Location: S. E. Arizona | Registered: 01 February 2019Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
OK, thanks