New
Find
Notify
Tools

Once fired Peters
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a selection of the pretty Blue Peters 12 gauge hulls. Are they worth 10 cents each?
Thanks FS

Posts: 698 | Location: Edmonton Alberta | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have no idea - but I sure got a chuckle out of your thread title. Big Grin

Jon Larsson - Hunter - Shooter - Reloader - Mostly in that order...Wink

Posts: 682 | Location: Western Montana | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of youngoutdoors
posted Hide Post
Are they the Peters Blue Magic?
God Bless, Louis

Posts: 1368 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I dont know if they are worth 10cents apiece since I am a trap range scronge and get em free, probably worth 10 cents ea. I have lots of those blue peters hulls, there are green peters now too. Those are excelent hulls for reloading, same interior base height a AAs

Posts: 1845 | Registered: 01 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can get Rem STS hulls or Nitros for 4 to 5 cents each and they are far newer and far better, so in a word... NO

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would say probably not, BUTTTT try to sell them for that, there only worth what you can get out of them. Ya never know, someone may buy them.

If a word is spelled wrong its not my fault its the computer's

Posts: 25 | Location: Southern Ohio | Registered: 15 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks felllas
Regards Greg

Posts: 698 | Location: Edmonton Alberta | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GunCat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Basfshmn:
I would say probably not, BUTTTT try to sell them for that, there only worth what you can get out of them. Ya never know, someone may buy them.

The folks on the Shotgunworld fourm will tell you the old Peters Blue Magic hulls are some of the best crimping shells ever made. I have a bucket full and can agree they load well, plus they remind me of my favorite shell I used to buy at the little hardware store in my hometown...way back then.

The “new” Peters shell available today is a Gander Mountain exclusive but is still loaded by Remington (verified by a Remington rep at the SHOT Show, I asked him)

Steve Rose
----------
Rose Action Sports, LLC
www.roseactionsports.com

Posts: 189 | Location: Western Kentucky | Registered: 02 November 2007Reply With Quote