New
Find
Notify
Tools

12 ga. rubber slug rounds
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a friend that found some rubber slug/ball at the range. I guess these rounds are used at riots and the like for subduing unrully crowds or what not. Have any of you guys loaded these? The balls themselves are .735" in diameter.

**************************The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.

Posts: 282 | Location: South West Wisconsin | Registered: 27 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never used them but have seen them and know of them. One word of advice. At short range - ten feet or so - they will be lethal on any person.

The advised method is to "skip" fire them at the ground in front of the target so that they bounce up to strike the long bones of the leg.

Posts: 6813 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does anyone think that this could be a legitamate home defense round at close range and not have to worry about going through walls of a family home?

**************************The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.

Posts: 282 | Location: South West Wisconsin | Registered: 27 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In an ideal situation at very close range they should work, however I would prefer lead or steel shot. One never knows what COULD happen in a defensive situation.

Posts: 885 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 08 January 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wistrapper:
Does anyone think that this could be a legitamate home defense round at close range and not have to worry about going through walls of a family home?

No.

I would not want to put the life of my family on rubber bullets.

"Bean Bag" rounds are used by SWAT teams, many times in people with knives, or even guns that are threatening suicide.

One SWAT officer has the Less than Lethal Bean Bag round, the other 40+ SWAT Officers have "real guns, with real bullets".

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you gents! I too have a fondness for lead and copper and that is what is in my P2000 and Model 37 for the unlikely event that I should need it, but thought I'd ask this panel of experts for advice. What do you suppose the purpose is for these shot shells loaded with rubber slugs are designed for?

one of us
posted Hide Post
They are designed for the olice/Military to use for civil disturbances, ie Riots.

Rubber buck shot is designed to be fired at a crowd of people you want to disperse, usually you fire at their legs, or if they are very close at the ground and skipping them into the crowd. The idea is not to hit them in the eyes or face.

Rubber Slugs are designed when you need to shoot at the crowd farther away, or you want to single out certain individuals, like leaders or agitaters.

Sellier & Bellot make both rubber slugs and different sizes of buckshot.

I also have some Brazillian anti motim [anti riot] shells loaded with plastic shot.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote