THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTSHELL RELOADING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Shotshell Reloading    Experience with Alliant Extra-Lite Powder and/Or Claybuster 12 gauge 3/4oz wads
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Experience with Alliant Extra-Lite Powder and/Or Claybuster 12 gauge 3/4oz wads
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Guys:

Am an avid reloader. Want to experiment with 3/4oz 12 gauge loads. Got STS hulls and Rem 209 primers. Anyone had experience with Alliant's Extra-Lite powder and the new Claybuster 3/4 oz wads? Would be grateful for your opinion.

Posts: 172 | Location: Jackson, New Jersey | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dukxdog
posted Hide Post
My friend uses ExtraLite and likes it just fine in his 3/4oz shells. I use 16.5gr Promo for my 3/4oz CB0175-12 loads in AA hulls. I've shot about 7000 so far and have been very happy with the results.

GOA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member
Life Member Dallas Safari Club
Westley Richards 450 NE 3 1/4"

Posts: 864 | Location: Idaho/Wyoming/South Dakota | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Much appreciated.

Posts: 172 | Location: Jackson, New Jersey | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If using them in an autolading shotgun they may have to be loaded to high velocity to make the gun function.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote