New
Find
Notify
Tools

3" brass .410 hulls?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
2-1/2" seems to be the most common length for brass .410 shotshells. Midway has them for $23/25. RMC has full 3" brass, but the price is a bit breathtaking at $70/25.

Are there any less expensive options out there? I've read about 2-3/4 and 2-7/8 brass, but haven't located any yet.

Posts: 45 | Location: Central Arkansas | Registered: 05 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
9.3x74R rifle brass, annealed/fireformed. Hornady and Norma are available.

Cheers,
Doug

Posts: 337 | Location: Gippsland, Victoria, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FOOBAR
posted Hide Post
The only way to go where you want to go is to pay the RMC price, which is cheap really at about 3 bucks each, the cases will last indefinitely...I've paid twice that for some of my wet dream cases...look up the price for 50-140 brass!!!! Or, make your own out of 9.3x74R or an available large bore rimmed cartridge like the 40-90 Sharps straight...there are several that would work and Buffalo Arms has them...but those case prices are a bit high also. This wildcatting in ANY form is pricey!!!! Frowner Mad

You would have to turn the case base end a few thou' and the rim a smidge depending on the actual dimensions of your 410 chamber...so unless you have a lathe, there is another cost to consider.

You also have to consider the ejector/extractor if you want to use the 9.3x74R...it might work OK, it might not, depending on the shotgun/rifle/pistol...it works somewhat with 444 M cases which has a smaller diameter rim than the 410 shotshell.

Might be better just to just use 3" plastic 410 and call it good. Much cheaper in the short run. Big Grin

Luck