Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester 12ga 'Game Load' case
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hello
Are those Win game load cases with the silver (steel?)low base suitable for re-loading?
If so, are they demensionally the same as Win AA cases?
I'm kinda old school.. I remember seeing shotshells with brass bases.

Why do they call it common sense, when it is so uncommon??

Posts: 277 | Location: Grants Pass, OR | Registered: 10 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Winchester cheapo 12 ga cases are not worth much. They will load with the same recipes as AA's, but the plastic is much thinner & less durable, crimps & holds crimps poorly for me, & they are not worth the trouble, but can probably be reloaded safely one time. The Remington game loads (black), however, are excellent - - will reload the same as the Premier/STS hulls & will hold up for numerous reloads. The "steel" bases on both the Winnies
& Rems are reloadable - it's the plastic that's the problem in the cheap Winchesters.

Posts: 171 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: 13 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ok thanks. Smiler

I remember the Rem blacks, I reloaded lots of them back in the '70's. Back then they had the fiber base inside. I would guess they are all plastic now?

Why do they call it common sense, when it is so uncommon??

Posts: 277 | Location: Grants Pass, OR | Registered: 10 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep - all plastic "unibody" (no separate base wad) construction.

Posts: 171 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: 13 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Junk I found that they tend to crack off the base about the 2nd loading.

Posts: 19314 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote