New
Find
Notify
Tools

BAIR wads
 Login/Join

posted
hi guys
i have inherited 3 boxes of bair 20gauge plastic wads and cant make head or tails of what loads they were designed for
they are orange and have "bair plastic wad 20 L " stamped in base
any help greatly appreciated
cheers

Posts: 4 | Location: new zealand | Registered: 23 June 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Do you have any other 20 ga wads to compare them to?

If they are close, load them up and go bang.

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3991 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scout Master 54
posted Hide Post
Those wads sure must have some age as Bair was bough by Pacific and later Pacific was bought by Hornady. Are they still in good condition as often old plastic wads become brittle with age.

Since they are probably near 40 yrs old, I doubt you will find any data relevant to current hulls and components. Why take a chance on "WAG" reloading data, your safty isn't worth $20 - $25 worth of wads. Sell them to a collector or put them in the recycle bin.

Posts: 332 | Location: Western CT | Registered: 10 June 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
hi
thanks for advice
the wads are in very good condition as ole granpop had them stored in sealed containers
even the original boxes look like they just came off the shop shelf
cheers

Posts: 4 | Location: new zealand | Registered: 23 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If they are identical to the Hornady Pacific wads use data for those wads and blast away.
I once found several bag of the 20 ga Pacific wads at a gun show and shot them up with skeet loads. Their smooth slick surfaces and as molded shape made them about the easiest 20 ga wads to handle while loading.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote