Find
Notify
Tools

28 ga Red Duster HS
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Scout Master 54
posted
See below from microtechnologies, the makers of the Duster Series of wads. It appears from their release that we will now have an alternative to the overly expensive Win AA28HS OEM wad an Clay Busters 5034 HS. Duster wads have always had a slick finish, good quality and have left nil plastic in your bore. I look forward to trying them

B]Revised 28 ga. Red Duster Wads - The diameter of the "over the powder" cup has been increased - otherwise it's the same Red Duster Wad. They will still fit the old style "AA" hulls; however an increase in wad seating pressure may be required. These wads fit the Remington "STS" hulls, and will now perform satisfactoraly in the new Winchester "HS" and the other straight-walled hulls. [/B]

Posts: 332 | Location: Western CT | Registered: 10 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I went to their web site and they don't seem to deal with any of the major distributors eg. Midway, Graf etc. and I could not find any prices. I am getting ready to order 5K of each of 28 and 410 for the HS hulls. What do these run? I have been using Claybuster.
peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Check out Recob's Target Shop on line. I find their prices far better than Midway and often better than Graff's. They are great people to deal with and ship quick; they specialize in components for shotgun reloaders. They carry a complete line of wads from all the manufacturers; Downrange, Clay Busters, Windjammer, Duster Wads, Rem, Win, Federal and powder and primers too.

Good Luck.

one of us
posted Hide Post
UPDATE: I recieved a sample of the New 28 ga Red Dusters wads for testing. The over the powder base wad measurers .535 - .537" and in all other parameters they appear the same as the CB 5034 HSb wad. They worked great in the AAHS short hull I loaded with 20/28 powder and in some Chedite hulls. The Red Duster wad is molded very well and the finish is smooth and slick like all the Duster wads. I expect they will leave less plastic fouling than their CB counterparts. I give them 2 thumbs up.

Scout master