New
Find
Notify
Tools

Metal shotshells?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I saw an ad for brass shotgun shells. Anyone reload these. Seems to me that if they last forever they would be good for skeet eg. in 410.
Any comments?
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check out the Ballistic Products website. www.ballisticproducts.com
They have a lot of info on brass shell reloading. Haven't done any 410, but with 12 bore, you need different components for different brands. Some take rifle primers, some take shotshell primers. Some take 12 guage wads, some take 11 guage wads. You usually can just build your wad column and put an overshot and seal with elmers glue.
They are fun and cool.
Good Luck
Bfly

Work hard and be nice, you never have enough time or friends.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Lake Nice, VA | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Black Fly, I will check it out. I must say that it sounds like a pain in the a.. though! I think Magtech is the maker.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They take rifle or pistol primers. As I recall, they are the painful ones, but I might be wrong. Good Luck.
Bfly

Work hard and be nice, you never have enough time or friends.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Lake Nice, VA | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've loaded both the 12ga and .410 bore magtech shotshells. They are expensive but so long as you anneal them every so often (if you crimp) and have somebody make up some special tools to prime and decap ETC it's not all that bad. I don't use the 12ga shells much anymore and after awhile they just become a novelty.

Theres a few websites around with load methods and such but somepeople are really going out of the box with how to load these shells.

Yes you can shoot it...No you can't have it...Yes I will hunt you down if it turns up missing

Posts: 72 | Location: Bean town, Ohio | Registered: 11 May 2006Reply With Quote