Notify
Tools

Shoulder bolt size for P-W 375C
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of LeeH
posted
Gentlemen,

I have an older P-W 375 (4 digit serial #) which uses a steel pin, 1/4" dia between the top plate and the bushing plate. In the new models there is a shoulder bolt used for this purpose (part 6a in the manual). I recently purchased a spare tooling plate for 28 ga dies, which is drilled and tapped for the shoulder bolt (1/4-20 thread) so the older pin I have allows substantial slop as the bushing plate is rotated during the powder/shot filling process. I called P-W to see what the size of the shoulder bolt is, and was told a shoulder dia of 1/4" and a thread size of 1/4-20. I cannot locate a shoulder bolt with those sizes, all 1/4-20 thread pitch bolts are 5/16" in dia, so the information is suspect. If any one has a 375C, with the shoulder bolt with you please measure the shoulder dia and thread size. to purchase one from P-W with shipping this $2 bolt will cost me $11, the reason for the question.

Thank you,

Lee

Posts: 87 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 01 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LeeH
posted Hide Post
Question answered. Not a shoulder bolt, simple 1/4-20 socket head cap screw. 90 cent fix.

Posts: 87 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 01 September 2005Reply With Quote