New
Find
Notify
Tools

redding shotshell reloader
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
All: I have inherited my father's Redding shotshell reloading press from the 1960s. It is a #16 press with the round charging bar and two vertically mounted shot/powder bottles. I would like to get it back into action and will require some shot/powder bushings and some dies (#17 die sets according to the 1967 catalog) as I want to reload 20 and .410 as well as the 12ga it is currently set up for. Can these still be had and where is best to look? I would also really like to find an instruction manual/users manual for the press, anyone have one?

Also can anyone tell me how these presses were/are rated by users?

Many thanks

G

Posts: 188 | Location: staffordshire | Registered: 30 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gary Surko
posted Hide Post
Have you called Redding?

Political correctness offends me.

Posts: 668 | Location: Hastings, Michigan | Registered: 23 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Emailed and waiting for reply. However, as the press is obsolete I thought I may draw upon the knowledge base here as well.

Regards

G

Posts: 188 | Location: staffordshire | Registered: 30 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scout Master 54
posted Hide Post
Though I had seen most all the brands but have never come across a Redding Shotshell Reloader. Would be appreciative if you would post a picture(s). Thanks!

Posts: 332 | Location: Western CT | Registered: 10 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sure, here's one:

http://i180.photobucket.com/al...ungle10/DSCF0505.jpg

as you can see they're sturdily built machines as you would expect from Redding.

one of us
Picture of Scout Master 54
posted Hide Post
Thanks. You may have difficulty locating parts as you don't see many of these machines around. It looks like you are missing the primer assembly and maybe the wad guide (?) Perhaps a MEC primer unit will fit in the hole in your Redding. Finding a charge bar may be difficult; are you good with a lathe?

Posts: 332 | Location: Western CT | Registered: 10 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought a used one a while back, @ 20 years ago here in England. I wrote to Redding, and they were really helpful. Sure they still are..
Good luck, good press...

Posts: 27 | Location: Hertfordshire, U.K. | Registered: 21 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Purchased the Redding press in perfect working order a few years back, also picked up some new die packages for it in both 12 and 16 gauge. But right now not using, picked up a great antique 12 gauge set up for loading black powder all brass cartridges awhile back, much better than what RCBS is putting out now days.

Phil

Posts: 1466 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote