New
Find
Notify
Tools

Magnum Loads
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I noticed from the Hodgdon website that Magnum buckshot loads are not listed, does anyone know why, in absence of the manufacturer's data what do you suggest 1 pellet added at a time to a 9-pellet 00 load until I get to 12-pellets and about the same advertised velocity as the factory?

Deke

Posts: 691 | Location: Somewhere in Idaho | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gary Surko
posted Hide Post
Precision Reloading has a whole slue of info on such things. Check them out their a great source.

Political correctness offends me.

Posts: 668 | Location: Hastings, Michigan | Registered: 23 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gary Surko:
Precision Reloading has a whole slue of info on such things. Check them out their a great source.

+1

Posts: 19349 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gary Surko:

Didn't see anything except components for sale, was that the right website?

Deke

Posts: 691 | Location: Somewhere in Idaho | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure what you mean by "magnum" buckshot loads but Hodgon's site has several loads listed for 12 ga 12 pellet OO (almost exactly 1 1/2 oz) that run between 1200 and about 1350. That's magnum enough for me.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote