New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ajustable charge bar
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a mec 600 Jr that was purchased new in 1979. I bought with it an ajustable charge bar, which now has the retaining screw hole stripped out. I would like to buy another but they don't seem to be listed anymore. anyone know of a sourse ? I am thinking about drilling the hole and going to a larger size screw or machine bolt
bur am unsure if the aluminum body will take it,
I realize that this is odd but it is only 27 years old and i have only loaded about 25-30,000 rounds, I have no way of telling youn would think they would make this stuff a little hheavier. thanks for the help.

You will never hit the target if you don't take the shot.

Posts: 66 | Location: York PA | Registered: 24 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Witness:
I have a mec 600 Jr that was purchased new in 1979. I bought with it an ajustable charge bar, which now has the retaining screw hole stripped out. I would like to buy another but they don't seem to be listed anymore. anyone know of a sourse ? I am thinking about drilling the hole and going to a larger size screw or machine bolt
bur am unsure if the aluminum body will take it,
I realize that this is odd but it is only 27 years old and i have only loaded about 25-30,000 rounds, I have no way of telling youn would think they would make this stuff a little hheavier. thanks for the help.

I'm pretty sure you can find them at

Precision Reloading
www.precisionreloading.com

OR

Ballistic Products
www.ballisticproducts.com

Roi

DRSS member

Constant change is here to stay.

Posts: 626 | Location: The soggy side of Washington State | Registered: 13 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mike_elmer
posted Hide Post
I checked both of the previous links, and didn't see it there. But Cabela's has it listed... this link should take you right to it...Universal Charge Bar

Well, they really aren't debates... more like horse and pony shows... without the pony... just the whores.

1955, Top tax rate, 92%... unemployment, 4%.

"Beware of the Free Market. There are only two ways you can make that work. Either you bring the world's standard of living up to match ours, or lower ours to meet their's. You know which way it will go."
by My Great Grandfather, 1960

Protection for Monsanto is Persecution of Farmers.

Posts: 8421 | Location: adamstown, pa | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote