Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted
bad cellphone pic.

Posts: 6385 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
they have a black 2015 "Premium" NISMO at the local dealer.

Alpha-something will boost them all the way to 1500 horsepower. They claim 8-second quarter mile times, over 150mph...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hey idaho---claiming and and doing are 2 different entiries.

Posts: 1096 | Location: UNITED STATES of AMERTCA | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
lots of boost...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's the top of the line tuner package from AMS.

I can't tell from videos how they mounted the radials, but it doesn't look like they are screwed in. The track was soaked to the gills with VHT and then covered in rosin, and that thing just sits down and moves out. It must be really light. But the board did show 8.28@173.

Posts: 1646 | Location: Euless, TX | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
that is just too wicked for words...

one of us
posted Hide Post
Factory curb is around 3800 lbs. I'm guessing that particular 8 second car is shaved down to 3k with driver. Add back in all the tech items to make it track legal (it definitely wasn't) and you probably get back to around 3800. Or else you are building a pro mod with a Nissan shell.

Are there any AWD cars putting out good track times today? I used to get a kick out of the little GMC trucks slapping down the camaros and mustangs, but parts killed them as a fun option.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Two of the Lambos', the Aventador and the new Hurricane.

one of us
posted Hide Post
well AWD that you would see normally at the track I mean. And legal to race in No-E/footbrake Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Audi R8...

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9434 | Location: Here & There- | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote