THE ACCURATE RELOADING CLASSIC AND SPORTS CAR FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classic And Sports Cars    Couple of new go fast toys - what about you?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Couple of new go fast toys - what about you?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
First up is a 2020 ZL1 Camaro. I was going to buy a C8 Corvette but grew tired of the wait after placing my deposit. Decided to try a Camaro mainly because there is more room inside, the car is a little higher making it easier to get in and out of. And finally it has the same motor as the C7 Z06 which is the supercharged 6.2 putting out 650 hp and 650 torque. It has the A10 which is an amazing transmission. Shifts lighting fast, up or down. Comes standard with magnetic ride control as well as a lot of other cool stuff.

Next up is a Kawasaki 2020 Z900. I tried a smaller version of this bike earlier in the year (Z400). While it was a blast to ride due to the high revving motor and light weight I quickly grew tired of the lack of torque. The Z900 is an inline 4 and you can start in 2nd gear and easily be in 6th at 40 mph. The seating position is a nice surprise as I was worried this old frame wouldn't like it. Its called a naked bike and I sit pretty upright. No matter how much I try I cant shake the desire to ride.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You're finally getting to enjoy all the hot vehicles that didn't make sense owning in Alaska :-)

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Last year I sold my Z1000 here in the States and sold my 2015 BMW R1200 GS in Namibia (a mistake). Then bought a BMW F800 GS but was too light on the Namibian gravel roads so sold it and bought a slightly used 2019 R1250GS for a song.

Everyone always wants to know how fast these things go - my answer is just fast enough to terrify you.

Congratulations on your purchases. The ZL1 is a beast! Keep at least two wheels on the pavement at all times; that advice is optional for the Kaw.

If you ever get down to North Georgia on your bike, do yourself a favor and take GA-60 from Blue Ridge to Dahlonega and then back north on GA-11. It's a total of 110 miles of mountain road - think the Tail of the Dragon times 10 without all the traffic. It's one hell of a ride.

Enjoy your new additions!

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice! What does the ZL1 weigh?

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1098 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hogbreath:
Nice! What does the ZL1 weigh?

About 3,950 with the A10 in the coupe version. The magazines rate it at 3.4-3.5 0-60 and the 1/4 mile in 11.4. Top speed is just shy of 200 mph.
This is a ZLE running the track at Nürburgring:
https://www.bing.com/videos/se...iew=detail&FORM=VIRE

The ZLE has a few more pieces attached to the body to aid downforce and does away with magnetic ride control.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cool! I'd at least have a chance with my '09 ZR1

Guns and hunting

One of Us
posted Hide Post
THAT! Is one fine car!

Posts: 41769 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
'20 812 Superfast. Just got it lowered with race springs, corner balanced and a track setup.

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1428 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
FMC,
That is one of the nicest looking Ferraris I ever seen. Beautiful and impressive specs as well.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great looking car!

Guns and hunting

One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
Wow, lots of attractive stuff in this thread! I never gave the Camaro ZL1 too much thought, but I saw one on the road yesterday and the thing is damn nice! The TQ alone would be worth the price of admission.

FMC - holy moly! Gorgeous 812. What's the color?

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
Rosso mugello.

My son and I took a trip to Italy last May and visited the Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini, Alfa Romeo and Pagani museums, the Ferrari and Maserati factories, the Panini collection and the Nicolis Museum. Finally we went to the Concours at Villa d'Este.

Came home and went old school with my specification. Not one gram of carbon fiber trim, etc anywhere (ok the race seats are carbon). The interior is all cuoio, broken up with alcantera. The shields are painted instead of the enamel badges one routinely sees.

This is the last of the "real" Ferraris- a normally aspirated V12 up front. European regulations (sound and emissions) will make this the last NA, non hybrid V12 they make, which makes my old school spec even more special. And no gas particulate filtered exhaust.

And it is just plain silly fast. 856 of its 962 miles have been on track. I picked up the car on January 23, drove home, put it straight on the trailer, drove down to Florida........and a couple days later properly broke 'er in at Daytona the Monday after the 24 hrs.

The last pic is in Daytona- I'm wearing the gloves Michael Schumacher wore when he won Montreal in 2000.

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1428 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
I agree with your thinking on the no-carbon specification. Too much of that going on these days. When you can get faux CF in a Honda, it's time for something different.

Sounds like a cool tour. I do recall being at a Ferrari track event here in PA almost exactly 20 years ago this summer and seeing the original Pagani Zonda. This was before it was really known in the automotive circle. My friend and I just stood and stared in amazement. Looked like a space ship and still does!

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I gave up on go fast toys when I realized there was more car than the driver. Getting old is not always fun.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mine is a C7 Z06 corvette, with a 7 speed manual. It is an awesome car. May get a C8 in couple years if they have a Z06 type with plenty HP and a manual transmission.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2634 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Cool car. I can barely afford to look at the pics. ;-)

One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
Last night at COTA.....back straight 177 down to 50 in 130y.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
As Car and Driver calls it - "The 2020 Ferrari 812 Superfast is an example of what happens when an automaker commits to crafting a vehicle that offers the best performance money can buy."

But they did say it gets crappy fuel mileage. Wink

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:
Cool car. I can barely afford to look at the pics. ;-)

Ha ha ha.... No kidding!

Great Pic’s!

Posts: 2640 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like my 2012 Z06.
3200 lbs, NA 427 small block.
few mods (heads, mild cam and really good tune).
520 Rear wheel HP on 93 octane @ 60F (~590 fly wheel HP).
6 speed manual.
More power? Hell I cannot drive it on wet road now with those 335 rear water ski tires.
A lot of fun though!

BTW: Awesome Ferrari!

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote