THE ACCURATE RELOADING CLASSIC AND SPORTS CAR FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classic And Sports Cars    I'm No 1 in the whole country..................the "National Champion" woohooo
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm No 1 in the whole country..................the "National Champion" woohooo
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted
Went to the Porsche dealership, had them appraise my car for a trade in and was told.....drum roll.........my 2017 Panamera Turbo has the most mileage 41,000+ of any listed in inventory for the entire country....woohoooo....I mean oh shit!!!!

I didn't tell them that most of it was above 85 mph on country roads though.....

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1428 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
This is what I like to hear. Drive and use the car. Enjoy it. Cool

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FMC:
Went to the Porsche dealership, had them appraise my car for a trade in and was told.....drum roll.........my 2017 Panamera Turbo has the most mileage 41,000+ of any listed in inventory for the entire country....woohoooo....I mean oh shit!!!!

I didn't tell them that most of it was above 85 mph on country roads though.....

I'm still driving a 1991 BMW 850I, with drumroll..... 217,000 miles. I'm positive, highest miles on that car worldwide. Roll Eyes

Posts: 5690 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
Always a fan of those 8 series coupes....glad to see they brought it (the name) back!

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1428 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Just because...before I die I would like to have a Pierce-Arrow,if only for a day.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My 2000 suburban has over 300,000 miles and I drive it almost every day.

Posts: 273 | Location: Northern MN | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by odies dad:

My 2004 Dodge Ram has over 400,000 miles and is going strong!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I sold my Chevy C-10 fleetside several years ago it had over 500K miles on that original 350.Sure it used oil but still ran like a champ.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:
Originally posted by odies dad:

My 2004 Dodge Ram has over 400,000 miles and is going strong!!

My ought six only has 120k. It's just getting warmed up compared to yours! Smiler

Posts: 3289 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
People rag on me cause I drive my 2016 Z06 corvette most days when the weather is nice. I never understood why people buy nice and high performance cars but rarely drive them.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2627 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by df06:
People rag on me cause I drive my 2016 Z06 corvette most days when the weather is nice. I never understood why people buy nice and high performance cars but rarely drive them.

I agree 100%. A few years ago, 2014 I think it was, I purchased a Ferrari 599 that had 13,000 miles on it. I sold it 18 months later with 31,000 miles on it. I drove it all the time and enjoyed the hell out of it.

Of course, I took the value hit when selling it but I bought it to enjoy for what it was, not look at it in the garage.

There's an old saying that goes: "Not driving your sports car to preserve its resale value is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be appreciated more by her next boyfriend"! lol

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like that comment! I will feel free to use it in the future,not just for cars,but for guns,etc.It does after all apply.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Years ago there was a math teacher in Indiana with a Ferrari that he drove

Ferrari collectors said it had a history and should be in a museum.

He told them to go to Hell. He got it to drive!!!

Posts: 433 | Location: South Central PA | Registered: 11 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
When I gave my '08 S 550 to my son in '13 it had 208,000mi. When I traded in my '13 911 Carrera S for my '15 regret, it had 68,000mi on it.......I drive 'em.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Talking to a buddy of mine today that has an RV Service center + car repairs,sales,etc. Seems this guy brought in a 67 Camaro a few years ago needing some repairs. Scott did + never heard from the kid for a few years. He just calls up saying I'm coming for my car. Scott says,not without 10K for storage fees.Kid was pissed but he's the one that dropped the ball.I had a similar experience several years ago when I "sold" a F-150 project truck to this kid for $1000.00. Well he paid me $100.00,2 months later he paid me $100.00,2 months later he paid me $100.00. Mind you that the truck never left my property until paid in full ( I was born at night but not last night).No more word from him until several months later,when he calls up + says he can't afford to buy it now so want's all his down payments back.I tried to explain to the kid how these things work but he never got it.You through away that option when you went on the payment plan.I must confess that I did feel sorry for the idiot so I did give him back $150.00 + told him to never darken my door.I then sold the truck to a DPS Officer (State Trooper) for his son as a fixerup. He gave me $400.00 down;would pay out the rest.You can trust a state trooper,right? Then he got a divorce + I did'nt want to hammer him about money so I let it slide.Never have been paid even though I still have the title.Shit happens.As the old saying goes."In God We Trust,All Others Pay Cash."

One of Us
posted Hide Post
since the subject of mileage came up, I have in my driveway two Ford F-150's. One is a 1997 4wd with a 4.6 V-8 and 5 speed manual trans that I bought new in Sept. 1996 and has as of today, 1,001,037 miles and I still drive it weekly (pull a small trailer with a Kawasaki Mule, too), the other is a 2016 F-150 4wd with the 2.7 l "Ecoboom" engine, it is currently waiting on it's fourth (right, 4th) motor with only 63,000 miles. I doubt my old Ford is worthy of a mileage championship, but it's been a good truck.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2720 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
41,000 miles in 2 years is good going. Most cars in U.K. do somewhere between 10 and 20k a year. The Panameera I see as a high performance executive saloon - a car for everyday use for a CEO going around his various business interests and wants something different to a big Mercedes.

Posts: 979 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Heym SR20:
41,000 miles in 2 years is good going. Most cars in U.K. do somewhere between 10 and 20k a year. The Panameera I see as a high performance executive saloon - a car for everyday use for a CEO going around his various business interests and wants something different to a big Mercedes.

Heym's "Proper English" term of Saloon got me tickled this morning, thinking of how we here in the good ole US of A are separated by the Brtis (yes I know he is in Scotland) by a common language. After all, a Saloon is where cowboys get drunk and have brawls, am I right!

But I digress. For your entertainment, here are some additional British English automobile terms that may or may not be legit!

https://jalopnik.com/heres-som...-could-be-1793265779

sofa