Anyone order a Tesla Model 3
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:

Musk is selling snake oil at the moment.

At the moment? I'm not sure he's ever done otherwise!

Wink

And to the comment that the oil industry has been broken?

I guess that's why the oil industry is going gang busters here in TX again. More jobs available than people to fill them and currently the biggest restriction on getting the product to market is a shortage of about 18,000 trucks to haul it from the field to the pipeline system! $350 a night hotels through out the Permian Basin in such fine venues as Odessa, Ft. Stockton, and even Pecos! Industry pay rates recovered and now equal to the peak at over $120 per barrel.

Broken indeed!

rotflmo

Futures say it all

http://www.cmegroup.com/tradin...ght-sweet-crude.html

Oil in the out years is flat and dead.

That is the electric car.

Lots of oil will be produced and used. Unless you are Saudi Arabia with costs around $10-$20 a barrel not a lot of money will be made.

Just map xop etf to spy (s&p 500) ETF.

One play like the Permian might be hot but other like Utica oil play have gone bust.

I should have bought tesla at $30-$40 when ever short was raging against the electric golf car.

And if I was operating in the Permian I would pay $300 a night hotel room for staff and pump as much oil at today’s prices cause the future is not as bright.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://jalopnik.com/the-first...-is-quite-1826608921

https://evannex.com/blogs/news...eres-what-they-found

The underlying battery technology is evolving and given the massive global market for smart phones this is the largest recipient of technology r&d dollars.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now this should scare Elon Musk

https://www.teslarati.com/pors...rismo-first-reviews/

Great for consumers tu2

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Picked up my Model 3 (AWD, LR, WHite, Black premium interior) the other day in Fremont. Also managed to get a factory tour just before delivery (very cool). The car is bad ass. 0-60 in under 4 seconds. 310 mile range. Amazing sound system. Auto-pilot is way cooler than I thought it would be and works very well.

Besides the Porsche all these other EVs coming out still look like crap. Even if they can get the styling somewhat decent they all have a long way to go to catch up to Tesla's software.

Regular over-the-air updates? Is anyone else doing that? Or will you have to deal with the local dealership to get your updates?

Can't wait for Autopilot v9, coming soon!

Posts: 756 | Location: California | Registered: 26 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One of the doctors I work with got one recently. I am not really into cars very much anymore. He was showing us some of the features. I have to say I was impressed.

Tom

Posts: 341 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 21 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
I wonder how much the price climbed between time of order and time of delivery.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13112 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As sales slow, inventories grow, and competition heating up, pricing for the Model 3 seems questionable and probably quite flexible in the near future.

quote:

Tesla - Model 3 Demand At Current Prices May Be Causing Inventory Problems

Sep. 18, 2018 1:26 PM ET

Motorhead has crunched some numbers on the US auto market in order to assess the Model 3’s addressable market at its current price of between $49,000 and $78,000.

This market in the US only amounted to 460,000 vehicles last year and makes Musk's goals of producing 6,000 Model 3s/week appear questionable.

Tesla's recent “liquidation sale” of Model 3s in Fremont was a sign that Tesla may have an inventory problem at hand.

Q3 positive free-cash flow and net profit goals may be at risk. Q4 could be horrible if Tesla has no choice but to begin sales of the $35,000 "variant" of the Model 3.

Tesla's recent "Model 3 Sellathon" event at its Fremont facilities over the weekend of September 8th to 9th could be a warning sign about how over-bloated Model 3 inventories are. Why would one need a "sellathon" if there's a 420,000-unit order backlog for the Model 3? Customers waiting for their pre-configured Model 3s are even getting emails from Tesla, enticing them with free super-charging deals if they accept a differently designed rear-wheel drive Model 3 before September-end (example here). And then there's Elon Musk's tweet on Saturday (below) telling people to hurry and refer friends to buy a Tesla by Sunday (he extended it via Twitter on Monday).

All of this sounds alarming when Tesla boasted that it still had a Model 3 order backlog of 420,000 units at the end of Q2. It points to either an over-bloated Model 3 inventory at current prices or to being behind in its stated goal of hitting Q3 Model 3 production of 50,000 to 55,000 units. My gut feeling is that there is a Model 3 inventory problem brewing at Tesla and this is underlined by the many photos on Twitter showing huge parking lots of Model 3s baking under the summer sun in Fremont, Nathrop, and Burbank. Over the weekend, this picture even emerged on @TeslaCharts, showing a batch of "hundreds" of Model 3s packed into an underground parking lot of an LA building.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
And the rock star’s problems just keep on coming
https://www.vox.com/platform/a...curities-fraud-tweet

https://money.cnn.com/2018/09/...roduction/index.html
Musk’s ego is his own worst enemy.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1284 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Not too surprised. The SEC was going to clobber him when he turned down the original deal 2 days ago. He is damn lucky to remain CEO. I guess sometimes it’s hard to keep rolling like a rock star when the wheels start to fall off. Of course the shareholder law suits are still out there.

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
I'd love to see him come up with the funds, go private and shove it up the SEC bottom.

Posts: 6369 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
I would love to see the SEC carry through with their lawsuit and shit can his ass. A CEO has a fiduciary responsibility to the shareholders to do what is best for the company, not what gets him the most publicity. He is an egomaniac who could care less what is best for Tesla. Smoking dope on a TV show is most definitely NOT what is best for Tesla, not to mention tweeting bald face lies.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You may get your wish. The CEO answers to the Board. The Board will decide his fate. Corporate governance overrides shareholder power. Musk's days at Tesla are numbered.

Regardless, the headwinds continue to mount for Tesla.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Corporate governance overrides shareholder power

OH??!! Read about Smith and Wesson (American Outdoor Brands Corporation)?

Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ummmmm, ever hear of Steve Jobs?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hmm! Where are all the Tesla/Musk haters? Strangely quiet!!!! Oh well, there's always the immigrants and liberals to hate!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote