THE ACCURATE RELOADING CLASSIC AND SPORTS CAR FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classic And Sports Cars    Guess how much the damages will be. 2013 Benz.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guess how much the damages will be. 2013 Benz.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted
The Wife hit a concrete crosswalk abutment at around 10-15 mph with the C350 4matic today. Needs a wheel reface, inner fender shield, new Conti. tire and most likely a tie rod end and 4 wheel alignment. Body is OK.
Care to guess how much A BENZ dealer will charge for this work?
Seems like (in order) 250+250+385+275+125 and a 85$ fee for the estimate. $1370-ish is my guess. I should get a call today.
What say you?

CB

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5097 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MeMe
posted Hide Post
Much more. My wife was in an accident with an A4. No air bag deployed and was drive-able. Front end damage was $30,000 and 3 months in the shop.

Posts: 360 | Location: California | Registered: 14 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nvmichael
posted Hide Post
That $85. Fee is BS. If your going to have the car repaired at this shop I wouldn’t pay it.
I’m going to agree with your estimate, probably more...

Posts: 1070 | Location: NV | Registered: 27 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My friend, all I can suggest is brace for impact...

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hope you don't have a heart condition. If you do the shock may be too much. Nothing on a Benz is cheap.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
UPDATE: Adding a pair of struts and a big addition is replacement of a bent lower control arm. As such I would probably have guessed another $1,000 before I heard from MB. Yep. Way off on my estimate.

I got the Benz estimate. As usual they added in some parts that may not be necessary. Waiting on one from Goodyear hoping their hammer is a bit smaller.

I'll update when the GY quote comes in.

I also am pissed about that initial fee. But, it is commonplace these days for any major repair joint. So, acceptable.

Posts: 5097 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hope insurance is kicking in for the big $$$$.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
We didn't call the insurance people to avoid an annual increase in the premium and also avoid any reports to CARFAX. I have my fingers crossed on the latter. We'll just write one check and forget about it.

Numbers are in. Mercedes came in at $3,879 (probably pre-tax). Loaner only had 689 miles on it.
I got Goodyear to come down to $3,800 all in tax included (no loaner of course).
Went with Goodyear since the car is already there and it's only 2 miles from our house.
Eh well. Hopefully the parts will be here by Friday.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ouch.

At least your wife is OK. They can get really expensive to repair.

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Gave me a scare for sure when she said she was in an accident. Thought it was a total job. Pretty violent for a curb hit as both wheels went over the abutment. She's still a little shook up, happened Monday. But will be fine.

I'm going to put an orange traffic cone next to it to warn others. Maybe the township board will see it and cause them to think it over.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe the township board will see it and cause them to think it over.

Their too busy looking for tax increases.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote