THE ACCURATE RELOADING CLASSIC AND SPORTS CAR FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classic And Sports Cars    Do you remember all the classic and/or sports cars you've ever owned?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you remember all the classic and/or sports cars you've ever owned?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did you go to the Mecum auction in Harrisburg a week or so ago?

Posts: 20080 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
No. The Wife broke her ankle on the last Saturday in June and was still in a wheelchair until about 2 weeks ago. We did plan to go, checkbook in hand just in case.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5092 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Did you go Jon (Biebs) ? I saw some of it on TV and the Thursday sale prices seemed reasonable depending on the mileage. They rarely mention the miles on TV ya know.

Posts: 5092 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
the only cool car i've ever had was a '66 chevy caprice 2 door 327 4 barrel..... that was the only car i ever really cared for that much.... i've had a few old cars but they really were nothing special.......

one of us
posted Hide Post
Now I am lusting after a Lotus Super Seven, assuming I can get in and out of one. Way over priced however.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
I had fun cars when I when I was young and single during the late sixties until about 1981. Most I didn't own long because I was constantly flipping them to try something new:

67 Camaro RS 327 (had that one 10 years, the rest were toys while it was my daily driver)
Triumph Spitfire
55 Chevy pickup
TR6
Beetle
Opel GT
63 Vette convertible

Studebaker Lark III (ok, not very cool but I only paid $10 for it)

Then I got married.

82 Pontiac T-1000
77 Vista Cruiser (wish I had it now)
various well worn company trucks

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Since it has now gone into interesting cars.
2 ea-1955 Chev 2dr Bel Air post
1 ea=1955 Chev 150 2dr post
1 ea 1986 Monte Carlo SS
1 Ea 1968 Mustang
1939 Cad Lasalle
1940 Chev 2dr coupe
1950 Chev 2dr couple with a 261" engine, My first car. It was $35 out the door.
I've had multiple VWs-1953, 1963, 1960 Karminn Ghia, 1967 Type 4 Karminn Ghia,and many many Beetles, Type 11s, and Type 111s.
SWtill have a couple Type 11 trannies with Hewland gears that I built many years ago.
I impounded a 1980 Firebird with the 301" Turbo. Stolen car with altered VIN. Never titled as it was stolen from the dealers lot. Dealership went out of business, so certified letter came back unsigned. Bought it at my auction.
Being in both the repair and towing business, I came across many interesting vehicles. I had a Spyder fork lift. One of the first models that you see hanging off the back of a 40' flatbed.

I now have a 2002 Lancer with 267,000 miles and an 02 GMC Duramax with 300,000 plus miles. My wife has a 2013 Genesis with 34,000 miles. After spending a small fortune on vehicles I've learned they are just dependable transportation. Sure doesn't mean I don't like interesting vehicles, but not enough to spend my rifle money on them.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've learned they are just dependable transportation. Sure doesn't mean I don't like interesting vehicles, but not enough to spend my rifle money on them.

Hmm. So you don't like Jags?
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You're speaking of Gag a weres? I've had a lot of dealings with the older models and they turn my stomach.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
The only sports car I ever owned was a Fiat X1/9. It was great fun to drive around, especially with the top off and stored under the hood. It was so small, low, and light it was almost like driving around in a toy.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tiggertate:
I had fun cars when I when I was young and single during the late sixties until about 1981. Most I didn't own long because I was constantly flipping them to try something new:

67 Camaro RS 327 (had that one 10 years, the rest were toys while it was my daily driver)
Triumph Spitfire
55 Chevy pickup
TR6
Beetle
Opel GT
63 Vette convertible

Studebaker Lark III (ok, not very cool but I only paid $10 for it)

Then I got married.

82 Pontiac T-1000
77 Vista Cruiser (wish I had it now)
various well worn company trucks

Forgot about my 65 Scout 80 and 69 Scout 800, my 77 Olds Toronado Brougham, VW bus (70s with the first iteration of Bosch fuel injection. What a PIA). All well worn by the time I got them, My wife gets the new stuff; I have her old 2007 Avalanche now, my 87 GMC 4x4 Suburban, an 89 F150 and a 90 Chevy Sierra 2500 7.4L gas hog.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
My neighbor owned a '71 0r '72 Lotus Europa. I recall seeing it in the driveway hood up a lot. Used to think it was cool.

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I don’t trust myself to own a sports car, but I guess you could say I’ve had a few classics:
-1981 Grand Wagoneer (my first vehicle in 1991 if that counts as a classic back then) with a 360 V8. I hated it then due to problems, but wish it was still around (unlike most ex girlfriends).
-1979 Toyota FJ-40 with the 2F 4.2L I6. That was a beast and had torque like a tractor. It ran well, but was always a project doing modifications. Unfortunately, my brother ran it out doing stupid stuff in the snow and the blew the engine when it wasn’t ready to be driven. I ran out of time and money to deal with it so I sold it. I’ll get another some day. Maybe a 70 series now that they are more available due to age.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3429 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by custombolt:
My neighbor owned a '71 0r '72 Lotus Europa. I recall seeing it in the driveway hood up a lot. Used to think it was cool.

They were really cool. Back in 1970 or 71 I was a mail clerk at a relatively large law firm in Austin (Clark, Thomas, Denius, Winters and Shapiro at that time) and a new young attorney asked me to drive him to a dealership to buy a new car. I don't recall the brand, maybe a Vette or Porsche. On the way I asked him if he was familiar with the Lotus brand and the Europa. Short story, he drove back to the office in a metallic maroon/burgundy Europa Twin Cam, white leather interior and Quadraphonic sound system. Remember that technology? Four channels instead of two. Went the way of Betamax. I don't remember his name or face but I sure remember that beautiful car. Right down to the gold metallic pinstripe.

one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
The other Twin Cam I remember belonged to a guy in my senior class. His dad owned the TransTexas Theaters chain and was definitely in the 1%. Jay was a great guy but hard on cars as I recall. I think he burned up the Lotus somehow (low oil maybe) and showed up the next day with a brand new 1970-71 GTO Judge. I was soooo jealous. I had my beat up 67 Camaro then.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Back in about 1978 I had a KG VW with 4 wheel disc brakes from a Porsche, Hewland 5 speed, and a ported 1978 RX4 Mazda engine.
It isn't a looker, but a race car for the city streets of Anchorage, Ak.

It ran well enough that a friend and I took his Type47 Lotus coupe.
e and installed a ported rotary in it and a Hewland 5 speed. Originally the drive train was installed in the front of a Saab Sonnet IV.
I moved back to Texas and never saw it run.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch that is one cool car.

Posts: 1284 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Yeah. Pretty cool Butch. The Wife loves Karmann-Ghia's.

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Back in 1976 or so I worked at Runkle & James Ford in Lebanon, PA and a really nice blue 1972 Pantera came in for service. What a cool car. One day, the service manager told me to get ready to take the Pantera to the customers' house. So, I hopped in and started it and beeped the horn for them to open the overhead door. Didn't get far, "hey! nobody but Randy drives the Pantera." Darn!
I still got to ride in it when we took it back.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
1962 Porsche 356B
1970 Mercedes 280SL
1971 Porsche 914-6
1973 Porsche RS
1974 Porsche RS 3.0

Sold them all...wife wanted a house.

Posts: 1312 | Location: MN and ND | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote