New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your thoughts on these 2 bikes
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Without hijacking the other motorcycle thread, I wanted to see if there are any AR experts that
have any knowledge about these two bikes. The first one is a Honda CRF 250 L
https://powersports.honda.com/...f250l&segment=street

The second bike is a Kawasaki KLX 250.
https://www.kawasaki.com/products/2019-KLX250

Last spring I purchased a KLR 650. I had these thoughts of driving to Canada, taking it to the east coast.....etc. After a few 4-5 rides I decided long highway road trips are not for me.

As much as I like the 650, it is just too big for what I want. I am looking for a street legal trail bike that I can run around with, in the back hills near my house. I have plenty of space to ride and 80% of my riding will be on dirt roads and trails.

Both of these bikes look good to me....

Posts: 2638 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Friend has the Honda and rides it everywhere, long trips and all. Don’t know how he does it with that seat Big Grin

I have ridden the KLX 175 in Borneo, not quite 250. Wasn’t overly impressed with it.

DRSS

Posts: 1892 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://advrider.com/f/forums/...-bikes-from-japan.5/

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6590 | Location: Cumberland Plateau, Tennessee | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of waterrat
posted Hide Post
My off roading started with a 1969 Yamaha DT-1 and drove that sucker all over New England on road and trails! Lots of bikes since then but the Honda seems to be the one I go for,, almost always bullet-proof.

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1407 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
Strange that the Honda has a steel frame while the 250MX bikes have had a twin spar alloy frame for years.
I've never been disappointed with a Honda though.

Posts: 3232 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jason,
I suggest you take a look at Kawasakis Versys 300. Almost 50 hp, light, and guys (and gals) on the Adventure forum just love them. Rumor is Kawasaki might drop a 400 motor into in and make a new KLR soon.

Another great bike is the Honda CB500X. A little more power, but also a little heavier.

Both bikes are capable of running at highway speeds all day long for solo riders.

I plan on buying either of them when they are on sale in the winter.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6590 | Location: Cumberland Plateau, Tennessee | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Snowwolfe:

Thank you (as well as the others) for the recommendations. I have looked at the versys and the CB500. Great bikes, but I just do not plan on the bike seeing a lot of pavement.

But, as much as I change my mind, who knows!!

My friend is even looking at the enfield bikes (I did not know anything about them before). However, I am sticking to Honda or Kawasaki.

Thanks!

Posts: 2638 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote