Find
Notify
Tools

Track day at COTA
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted
Took the Ferrari to Asutin for track day at Circuit of the America's. Had an absolute blast. Was my first time on a track. Much safer and sure beats the hell out of worrying about varmints and such on country roads. I had to drive to San Antone for a brake and tire inspection. I thought I could take my son as a passenger, but they said no it was against track policies. He was gutted. Next day we drove to Austin to COTA, I said fuck it, he's 21 so we both signed in and he got to drive it for one session. Needless to say he was just beaming......and the instructor said he did great.

We also were the only ones with a proper Ferrari- one with a roof and 12 cylinders up front. Performance of that car is indescribable.

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1428 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Proper Ferrari ... Engine up front with 12 cylinders!!

Ya Got That right!!!

beer

Now if we can just get them to start building them with a gated manual again!!!

sofa

Haven't driven COTA but would love to. Drove the Cresson track a few times but the straights aren't long enough to really open it up.

faint

One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
Rear straight is 3/4 mi, I got 'er up to 169 mph. Brakes are amazing. Turns 16-18 are a blast it's in essence a triple apex 180* turn. You set your wheel and hold it clipping the apexes as you accelerate through......on the edge the whole tim, an absolute blast through those three.....

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1428 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
Is that pozzi blue?

I have a 1/24 scale model of an F12 on my desk at work and the login screen to my computer at work is also an F12. Keeps me working hard so one day there can be a real one in the garage.

Thanks for sharing, looks like a fun event!

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
Yup. Blu pozzi with sabbia interior, blue uppers and blue stitching. Very little carbon, only the steering wheel with LEDs and the central bridge. Yellow tach.

Going to spec an 812 when I return from the factory tour in a few weeks. Rosso portofino or rosso monza, although I just saw a gorgeous verde scuro metallico/metallizatto (an historic color) on Fchat......the 812 looks better in lighter colors, especially grays, but gray is for Porches.