New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Car Arrived Yesterday
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Are you giving names to your cars?
I do ... woman names to be exact. Strange habit ;-)

This is the nice one, thanks for sharing.
Tomas

Once you find yourself in certain circumstances, you'll realize the value of ample armament.

Posts: 11 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 16 August 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tomas Hook:
Are you giving names to your cars?
I do ... woman names to be exact. Strange habit ;-)

This is the nice one, thanks for sharing.
Tomas

ORKA (Purposely misspelled for license plate)

Big Red

KINI (paint color is "Bikini Pearl")

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7573 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
If we are talking naming our cars, especially in connection with our speciality license plates, this new car of mine will sport plates stating "SHUMBA".

The plate on my Ferrari 599 a few years ago read: 200PLUS

LOL. Loved that one!

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
If we are talking naming our cars, especially in connection with our speciality license plates, this new car of mine will sport plates stating "SHUMBA".

The plate on my Ferrari 599 a few years ago read: 200PLUS

LOL. Loved that one!

rotflmo

My circa 70’s Mitsubishi tractor is named “Mister Bitchy” because it hates to start in cold weather.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7573 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Wow! I am so jealous of the hydraulic assist PS. Nothing feels quite like it. This electric is like faux power steering. Feels weird.

Let us know how it gets past the apex when you get a chance. As I recall the Exige had the tendency to get squirrelly and 'come around' real quick if I'm not mistaken.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by custombolt:

How about the fly-by-wire electric steering on the Evora?

The Evora uses hydraulic steering, not electric. It's really nice.

The 2 lb hammer vs 2 lb rubber mallet is absolutely the best description between the Viper's power and the Evora's.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5086 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice car

DRSS

Posts: 1894 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
Lovely car ...

LOTUS amongst the owners here stands for Lots of Trouble, Usually Serious ... Smiler

Mainly applies to the older ones tho...

Posts: 7137 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nute:
Lovely car ...

LOTUS amongst the owners here stands for Lots of Trouble, Usually Serious ... Smiler

Mainly applies to the older ones tho...

I hope it applies to the older ones. Time will tell. With the drivetrain being Toyota, I'm hoping for LOTUS to mean: Leave Off The Unnecessary Stuff !!

Cool

I installed the third cat delete pipe on the exhaust and the BOE cold air intake on the car earlier this week. Really improved the already good exhaust note. BOE claims a 12 HP increase with these mods. It feels like a noticeable improvement above 4,500 rpm. There also seems to be a bit more torque. There is one more mod package recommended, that being headers and a tune. That should take it from its stock 416 HP to about 480, all in a light weight platform. The guys I've spoken to running that mod say it turns it into a real monster.

We'll see.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
When Ford bought Lotus their build quality significantly improved. However now, the Chinese own Lotus so...

Don't feel bad, Mahindra owns Pininfarina.

What could possibly go wrong...

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
That’s what we need- a Ferrari tractor tu2

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13105 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well we have a Lamborghini tractor... for real. So why not a coolie sled. Cool

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
A little update on the Lotus.

I sent my ECU to a fellow in LA last week for a flash tune. The fellow was recommended by the dealership were I bought the car and he claims to have access to Lotus Factory Racing Team tuning software.

I got it back and installed in the car last Thursday. Made a huge difference to the car's performance. It was pretty brisk before, but I'd say it's a bit of a monster now.

The stock numbers were 416HP and something like 350 lb/ft torque. Unfortunately I wasn't able to check it on a dyno pre and post tune but the fellow claims the flash takes it to 525HP and 430 lb/ft of torque. My seat of the pants dyno says that's probably a good estimate.

Where it previously came alive at around 4,500 RPM and pushed rapidly to 7,000, it now has more "grunt" at all RPM levels but now at 4,500 RPM it CHARGES toward the 7K limit. The first time I floored it from a slow rolling start I bounced it off the limiter in 1st and 2nd because I wasn't ready for it to reach the limiter so quickly. I haven't timed it from a standing start 0-60 because I really don't want to launch it hard but I did notice on the couple of slow rolling starts I've done, it appears to be traction limited with the traction control in Sport Mode activated for much of the acceleration throughout the first 2 gears and part of 3rd.

All in all, a pretty good upgrade without having to bolt on any new parts. Being an old school guy, that's a new twist on me, just optimizing the engine with software.

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Wow! That sounds amazing. I don’t trust myself with anything that fast.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3428 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:

I sent my ECU to a fellow in LA last week for a flash tune. The fellow was recommended by the dealership were I bought the car and he claims to have access to Lotus Factory Racing Team tuning software.

I got it back and installed in the car last Thursday. Made a huge difference to the car's performance. It was pretty brisk before, but I'd say it's a bit of a monster now.

The stock numbers were 416HP and something like 350 lb/ft torque. Unfortunately I wasn't able to check it on a dyno pre and post tune but the fellow claims the flash takes it to 525HP and 430 lb/ft of torque. My seat of the pants dyno says that's probably a good estimate.

Where it previously came alive at around 4,500 RPM and pushed rapidly to 7,000, it now has more "grunt" at all RPM levels but now at 4,500 RPM it CHARGES toward the 7K limit. The first time I floored it from a slow rolling start I bounced it off the limiter in 1st and 2nd because I wasn't ready for it to reach the limiter so quickly. I haven't timed it from a standing start 0-60 because I really don't want to launch it hard but I did notice on the couple of slow rolling starts I've done, it appears to be traction limited with the traction control in Sport Mode activated for much of the acceleration throughout the first 2 gears and part of 3rd.

All in all, a pretty good upgrade without having to bolt on any new parts. Being an old school guy, that's a new twist on me, just optimizing the engine with software.

Did they program it to play the national anthem like they have with the F1 cars?

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:
quote:

Did they program it to play the national anthem like they have with the F1 cars?

Would that be God Save the Queen or The Star Spangled Banner!! I'm thinking more likely the former!

patriot

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Todd,
Any concerns with voiding the factory power train warranty since having the ecu tuned?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6591 | Location: Cumberland Plateau, Tennessee | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
Todd,
Any concerns with voiding the factory power train warranty since having the ecu tuned?

A little. But it is a Toyota power train so I'm good with the risk. Were it a Ferrari engine, that would have been a different story.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Toyotas are tough. Wonder if it has forged bottom end parts?
Risking losing the warranty on my ZL1 is the only thing stopping me from modding the engine. It’s crazy easy to add another 100-150 rwhp with just headers, tune, and a smaller pulley.

Your car is nice, I like unique, cool, fast rides. The Lotus fits the bill nicely.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6591 | Location: Cumberland Plateau, Tennessee | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
Toyotas are tough. Wonder if it has forged bottom end parts?
Risking losing the warranty on my ZL1 is the only thing stopping me from modding the engine. It’s crazy easy to add another 100-150 rwhp with just headers, tune, and a smaller pulley.

Your car is nice, I like unique, cool, fast rides. The Lotus fits the bill nicely.

Thanks. I think it's pretty unique as well. And with the Toyota drive train, it fits a nice position as sort of a non-exotic exotic.

I'm not 100% sure on the forged bottom end but I do know it's not a stock Camry engine. I seem to remember reading that Lotus does replace some of the engine with forged parts but I'd have to do a bit more research on that. I believe they started doing that once they came out with the supercharged version as the earliest Evora's were normally aspirated.

I also know they changed out the gearing ratios on the transmission to give it shorter ratios. Most of the evaluations you see on the Evora GT is that its closet competitor and where it sits on the food chain of sports cars is right in line with the Porsche Cayman GT4. And the nod usually goes to the Evora in head to head performance comparisons due to the GT4's tall gears negating much of the shifting requirements that make a manual gearbox so desirable. Resale values usually to to the GT4 due to the Porsche name and extensive dealership networks.

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Just got back from a 2 hour drive on some twisty rural roads. Decided to take a few more pics before tucking it away for the week.