Notify
Tools

New Car Arrived Yesterday
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted
Picked up my new ride.

Will be saying goodby to my old Viper. She's been a good old girl but time to make a change.

All tucked away nicely last night in my trophy room.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You rich guys........................

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1098 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Wow!

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful... Where does the luggage go?

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those kit cars have come a long way....looks like the real deal! :-)

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
Beautiful... Where does the luggage go?

LOL. Really more luggage room than you would think. There is a trunk behind the engine that's large enough for a full sized golf bag, not that I play any longer, but that seems to be the measuring stick. The engine sits horizontally giving it that room behind.

Also, believe it or not, it has back seats!! Suitable for VERY small children or adults without legs and probably very small heads (Biebs?). But the real benefit of that "back seats" space is for luggage.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, everyone needs a pet monkey...

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
Well, everyone needs a pet monkey...

lol

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
Picked up my new ride.

Will be saying goodby to my old Viper. She's been a good old girl but time to make a change.

All tucked away nicely last night in my trophy room.

Very nice.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Those kit cars have come a long way....looks like the real deal! :-)

dancing

Hard to tell it started life as a VW Beetle.

dancing

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7594 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Todd,
Can't tell much from the photos.
Brand? Model? Specs?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Lotus Evora 3.5 liter. Aluminum panels and components everywhere! I'll leave the rest to Todd.

Nice one at that Todd. Congrats! Looks longer than I thought it would.
Autophile stuff requested. Supercharged, manual?

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5100 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How far away is the nearest dealership?

Bet an oil change costs as much as my last rifle (mini-14).

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 944 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Grinch:
How far away is the nearest dealership?

Bet an oil change costs as much as my last rifle (mini-14).

You'd loose that bet! Same engine as the Toyata Camry. Just supercharged! Would be easy to change myself but it does have a skid plate that has to be removed first. Probably will be easier to just have Jiffy Lube do it. Easier to access with a lift or a pit. But yeah, nothing special about the filter or oil.

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by custombolt:
Lotus Evora 3.5 liter. Aluminum panels and components everywhere! I'll leave the rest to Todd.

Right. 2020 Lotus Evora GT. Supercharged V6, 3.5L. 416 HP. Manual 6 speed. 3.8 0-60 and 188 top speed. The real gem is the handling though. 3100 lbs, mid engine.

Not as fast as the Ferrari 599 I had but that car was paddle shift and had to be pushed real hard to start feeling like a sports car. Kind of felt soft for the streets

About as fast as the Viper I just sold but the power comes on differently. The Viper had smack you in the face torque. The Evora comes on with a steady woooosh! Easy to control how the power comes on. Still getting used to it.

I took it out today for the first time on the twisty / winding roads around home. It really handled well. The pedals are all closely spaced making heal/toe a breeze. The one little oddity is the throttle is electronic so it takes a deliberate effort to blip the throttle when down shifting. But that's one of those things I love about manual cars that make them more engaging to drive than paddle shift (which can also be had in the Evora).

Still less than 500 miles on it but I think it's my favorite so far. My oldest son has taken it out twice and says the same thing. Feels very sporty driving briskly but is somehow pretty comfortable as well. Designed by a guy who is 6'5" so unlike the Exige or Elise, it's easy to get into and out of and has plenty of head room.

I was unaware of these until a few weeks ago. YouTube must have a couple hundred reviews on them. I think I've watched most at this point. It gets pretty solid reviews. Lotus has gone a long way to address reliability issues by using the Toyota power plant and drive train. Time will tell!!

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the details. This is a recent "first attention" for me on the Evora. Big thumbs up on size. The Elise and Exige were too kiddy car-sized for my taste. The overall shape is clean and sweet.
As far as "grunt" of the engine. "Charged" engines of the super variety have always impressed me more than turbocharged for some odd reason. Twin-screw's seem to add more cubes in some way. But, nothing can replace the feeling of big cubic inches torque in the mid-body & ribs. So, I get the woosh of power you speak of vs the grunt of the 599 which is for lack of a better comparison, similar to a 2 pound rubber mallet vs a 2 pound hammer.
A friend has a F430 Spyder that had shaky performance at lower speeds and rpms. A tune up got rid of most of it. Still, it was a puppy until you hit 3800 rpms or so.
How about the fly-by-wire electric steering on the Evora?
My 2017 GLE AMG feels odd and wants to pull back toward center. Quite different from the 2010 GLK I trade that had 0 resistance during turning. on the GLK.

Sweet. That would look awesome in flat black NOT.

quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:

Right. 2020 Lotus Evora GT. Supercharged V6, 3.5L. 416 HP. Manual 6 speed. 3.8 0-60 and 188 top speed. The real gem is the handling though. 3100 lbs, mid engine.

Not as fast as the Ferrari 599 I had but that car was paddle shift and had to be pushed real hard to start feeling like a sports car. Kind of felt soft for the streets

About as fast as the Viper I just sold but the power comes on differently. The Viper had smack you in the face torque. The Evora comes on with a steady woooosh! Easy to control how the power comes on. Still getting used to it.

I took it out today for the first time on the twisty / winding roads around home. It really handled well. The pedals are all closely spaced making heal/toe a breeze. The one little oddity is the throttle is electronic so it takes a deliberate effort to blip the throttle when down shifting. But that's one of those things I love about manual cars that make them more engaging to drive than paddle shift (which can also be had in the Evora).

Still less than 500 miles on it but I think it's my favorite so far. My oldest son has taken it out twice and says the same thing. Feels very sporty driving briskly but is somehow pretty comfortable as well. Designed by a guy who is 6'5" so unlike the Exige or Elise, it's easy to get into and out of and has plenty of head room.

I was unaware of these until a few weeks ago. YouTube must have a couple hundred reviews on them. I think I've watched most at this point. It gets pretty solid reviews. Lotus has gone a long way to address reliability issues by using the Toyota power plant and drive train. Time will tell!!

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5100 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:

How about the fly-by-wire electric steering on the Evora?

The Evora uses hydraulic steering, not electric. It's really nice.

The 2 lb hammer vs 2 lb rubber mallet is absolutely the best description between the Viper's power and the Evora's.

One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
Nice.

From what I've been told a very well balanced car, easy rotation and quick on track.

If you can get a front engined Ferrari quick on track, you'll be really quick in a Lotus.

Best part is easy on the consumables.

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1428 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FMC:
Nice.

From what I've been told a very well balanced car, easy rotation and quick on track.

If you can get a front engined Ferrari quick on track, you'll be really quick in a Lotus.

Best part is easy on the consumables.

Hey Frank,

Right. All the reviews seem to gush over the rotation and steering responsiveness. So far I have to say it's living up to the reviews.

Haven't taken it to the track yet but that's coming for sure.

Spot on regarding the consumables as well. Using that Toyota engine, it should be reliable and easy to source parts for. It's a bit like a non-exotic exotic! LOL

The manual gear box has a very satisfying "click click" feel ... like cycling a rifle bolt. Feels short and precise. Give me a shout when you're up this way next and I'll let you have a go with it.

One of Us
Picture of SpicyCrabDip
posted Hide Post
Very sexy ride.