Walkinshaw tuned Chev SS-poweR!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 9434 | Location: Here & There- | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
what is it?

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2328 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
another cheesy four-door...

I had thought better of WR, considering they built full race Jaguars in the past that were beautiful as well as fast.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
TW made a big statement in 1985 winning the Bathurst 1000 with his Jags.

I clearly remember watching live, his sleek & svelt British V12 Cats take it up to the 'housebrick' V8s of GM and Ford... hilbily

quote:
Originally posted by Slider:
HSV's

HSVs biggest offering is 430w, you then take it to WR for the 550kw 'treatment'

the good thing is, the orig. car manufacturers warranty still applies.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
ten minutes in a stock 2015 Charger with the Hellcat option would change is perspective.

Start there...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stock Charger + Hell cat option = 707 bhp.

Stock HSV + WR option = 737bhp

.....what ever floats ones boat.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Two teensy-weensy differences:

you can afford the Charger
you can buy the Charger in this country.

One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
700 horsepower is kind of mundane nowdays for an LS platformed V-8. I have a friend that has a Vette with 936 horses, totally streetable and he is on the lowend of some of the streetcars around Houston. Technology is a wonderful thing!

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2267 | Location: Houston, TX. | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lee440,

understood, but there is the issue of legality when getting emissions testing...

One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
Not really Rich, Harris Co., which contains Houston, has some fairly rigid standards for emissions, especially on late model cars. Modern engine controls coupled with excellent engineering of the LS style heads allows lots of power without all the old style pollution. Even an old Mopar guy like me can appreciate great engineering by GM on a more than worthy successor to the small block Chevy. My gen 2 528 Hemi puts out 702 horses, but with two 800 cfm carbs, modern emissions levels would be impossible, luckily, the 45 year old car is exempt!

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2267 | Location: Houston, TX. | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have always wondered what a conversation with a GM powered care, like a Hennessey (or any other tuner) conversion would be like after you grenade one in a, shall we say, overly boisterous display of speed. Do the computers keep them from coming apart in use?

Of course Shelby offers the SL 1000 package on any 5.8L GT 500 as emissions legal in the great 49.