Find
Notify
Tools

For all the Corvette fans
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
https://youtu.be/wou8lQ9bqiA

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6597 | Location: Cumberland Plateau, Tennessee | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
I think it looks great. Attempting to compete with Ferrari with a base price of $60k. GPS/Hydraulic raising of the front end for speed bumps is a nice touch.

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
GM's finally caught up with the AMX/3, 49 years later?

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14346 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TomP:
GM's finally caught up with the AMX/3, 49 years later?

Was the AMX/3 capable of sub 3 second 0-60 times?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6597 | Location: Cumberland Plateau, Tennessee | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am not a ‘vette fan, but I’m impressed.

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Suppose they always have to introduce a new model in the base for. It is simply marketing to wet your whistle and hype it in that form What is next?
I was really looking for a modernized LS 7 with VVT producing 575-600 HP that ran to 7,000 RPM.
No blowers or OH cams.
Just a light aluminum small block 427 that ran like a demon and gets 28 MPG on the highway cruising.
All that other stuff just adds weight, heat and complexity.

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
Last corvette I liked the look f was the 1973 model. Give me a redeye instead.

Posts: 5694 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’m not really a corvette fan, bu I like this new Corvette. I’ve always like the ‘61-‘62 models, but that was it until this one. GM went whole hog to develops it. While I don’t necessarily like the looks of a lot of today’s muscle/sports cars, they’ve got more power and good handling than the 60s era had by light years!

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3277 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote