New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's your bike?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't ride any more, but I had a Honda ST1100 which I loved but it was too tall for me. I dearly wanted a Kawasaki Concours a couple of years ago but decided I wanted to live a little longer. Lots of people get killed in Jax. every year. Some through their own fault, some through the fault of others!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4856 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OTTOMATIC:
2001 Honda XR650R, plated & titled with a few mods Big Grin . Been riding for over 50 years.

That was my last bike. A little high for me but plenty of punch in the brown stuff.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9842 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
'88 Ducati 750 Paeso. Last one with carbs. Going to have to sell it because I'm getting too old to feel comfortable on it.

Posts: 148 | Location: back in the USA | Registered: 28 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
1986 Suzuki GSXR 1100. Near mint condition, never dropped or repainted. A couple of thoughtful upgrades, and a LOT of candy for a dime. Regretfully, I have it up for sale, as I can no longer ride it.

Posts: 807 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 03 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Its been two years since selling my last bike and couldn't stand it anymore. Picked up this new 2018 beauty for just under $10K. Even though it is classified as an "Adventure bike" doubt it will see much gravel. Tons of power, very smooth, comfortable upright seating position and so far close to 50 mpg. Way faster than I need. Was originally looking for a 650 but seemed Suzuki had a glut of 1000 models so they were being discounted heavily while the 650's were selling closer to sticker. A set of nice panniers will be added soon.
2018 Suzuki V Strom 1000 XT

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6589 | Location: Cumberland Plateau, Tennessee | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Really like that bike. I see a lot of different bikers come through my small town, many (I believe)
head up to Jackson Hole.

One guy had a bike like yours and started on the east coast, came through Utah, and was headed to Newfoundland.

I bought a KLR 650 (older model) last year. I like it so far. I will probably do some back country riding

Posts: 2634 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I don't ride anymore but in the day,2 of my favorites were a Norton Commando + a Triumph 650 Bonneville.About 3 years ago my son (who rides all the time) bought me a H-D Electra Glide.I told him I don't want it,thank you anyway.I felt too old for that + I've already done my time not to mention even a minor accident would put me out of business or deads.Funny how time changes some perspectives.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
1. 2018 husqvarna TX300
2. 2016 Gas Gas Raga Replica trials bike 280cc two stroke
3. 2013 KTM 250 Xc
4. 2009 KTM 200 Xc really a rare and great bike
5. 2006 KTM 950 adventure with extended suspension

Posts: 154 | Location: N. Texas | Registered: 26 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
I don't ride anymore but in the day,2 of my favorites were a Norton Commando + a Triumph 650 Bonneville.About 3 years ago my son (who rides all the time) bought me a H-D Electra Glide.I told him I don't want it,thank you anyway.I felt too old for that + I've already done my time not to mention even a minor accident would put me out of business or deads.Funny how time changes some perspectives.

And here I am, almost having died of DKA at 54 wanting to get everything out of life..........and googling where I can get classes for a motorcycle license.........

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1428 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of WVFred
posted Hide Post
2005 H-D Fatboy hardly ever ride it.

DRSS Member

Posts: 898 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FMC:
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:

And here I am, almost having died of DKA at 54 wanting to get everything out of life..........and googling where I can get classes for a motorcycle license.........

I like your attitude! I hope you are on the mend!

Posts: 2634 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rockdoc:
quote:
Originally posted by Huvius:
24" SE Quadangle and a 1924 Indian Scout

Don't know what a Quadangle is, but love to see photos of the Indian!

Cheers, Chris

Here's the Quadangle

Here's the Indian

Posts: 3231 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Rockdoc:
quote:
24" SE Quadangle and a 1924 Indian Scout

Don't know what a Quadangle is, but love to see photos of the Indian!

Cheers, Chris

Here's the Quadangle

Here's the Indian

That Indian has to be about the coolest thing I've seen in a long time ... maybe ever!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post

This is my old guy.. A 1935 VLD low compression sport model.

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2757 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

This is what I use to do for the "Need for Speed"!

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2757 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I stopped riding about 6 yrs ago as I live in the middle of the concrete jungle and people pay little attention to anything other than their best friend in life (cell phone).
I still have my 99 wide glide being little more than garage art.
I sometimes dream about a bagger and getting out on the road.
Miss the wind in my hair..
Bought a convertible but it is not the same.

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 4sixteen
posted Hide Post
My GenII Busa.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
2012 H-D ultra Limited, just turned over 42,00 miles.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5495 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My latest is a 2019 R1250GS in Namibia. But I'm currently without two wheels here in the States. Frowner

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote