New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's your bike?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
There's no motorcycle forum on here and Opus and Instructor mentioned their bikes in another thread (Ninja 1000 and Kawasaki Concourse). http://forums.accuratereloadin...1006931/m/2591024822

I ride a 2001 BMW K1200RS, first generation Superbike. Scared the crap out of myself a few times, too.

So what do you ride?

Posts: 2921 | Location: Canada | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ninja 1000 state side and a BMW R 1200 GS enduro in Namibia.

As much as the 1000 can get your attention, the 1200 at 60 mph on the salt roads can be positively terrifying. I don't know how the Baja and Dakar guys survive at the speeds they go. Huge balls or small bains or some combination of both...

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
DRZ400SM

I've got 35 years on bikes from GSXR-750 to Harley FXD. The little DRZ is the most fun, at least around town. Definitely not a highway bike.

HSC Life
SCI Life
NRA Patron

Posts: 6 | Location: Houston | Registered: 11 January 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Had great fun in my GSXR 750 until I left the road on it.

Ouch

I've laid down two. A Yamaha SR400 and the GSXR. Both bikes survived with a little bit of work...

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
Harley 98 Wide Glide

Posts: 2316 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
Moto Guzzi California EV and a 2003 100 year Anniversary Firefighters model Harley I purchased from a retired fireman.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted Hide Post
....a '71 and a '74 Bonneville, 650 and 750, and about 25 vintage enduro bikes, both japanese and european.....love racing the vinduro class.

Roger

Posts: 1029 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Son bought a 2016 BMW S1000RR on Saturday. Now that is a nice bike! An insane bike also!

Me, i am riding a Triumph Sprint, belongs to a mate.

Not sure what to get, Have ridden a R1200GS and am sorely tempted.

DRSS

Posts: 1891 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well I pushed my last one down the road, a 1960 Topper.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rockdoc, all I can tell you is you won't be disappointed with the 1200. I rode an 800 before buying the 1200 GS (2014 model). Was initially thinking it was too much bike for off road use. But quickly changed my mind. The extra weight really settles the bike down over the 800 GS on rough/gravel/salt roads - plus the power is pretty nice as well.

The 1000RR is a bike of note. tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Opus, everything I hear about the R1200GS has been very positive.

I took the, then new, R1200GS WC for a test ride for a couple of hours, behaved and nothing over 160kph (was a double demerit day due to public holiday), ordered one then had some health issues, which fortunately haven't got worse so have been riding a bit lately.

To say I was impressed was an understatement! I didnt know such a large bike could handle so well, although didnt take it on the dirt.

I will get to ride my sons bike a bit as he doesn't get his full licence for a few months so is limited to the size of bike he can ride LEGALLY on the road Wink He did try out the S1000RR and was mightily impressed. It was either that or the Ducati Panigale, the latters high maintenance costs and entry price pushed him towards the BMW, for which I am grateful as they get rave reviews.

Would you post some pics here please gents. Love to see the bikes people have and where they go.

Most exotic place I rode was some Kawasaki KLX175's (I think KLX) we had for our projects in Central Borneo, but no serious off-road riding. I insisted we buy the off-road bikes rather than the scooter types so common there.

DRSS

Posts: 1891 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My last two were a Triumph Tiger 800 XC and a Kawasaki Concours. The Concours was scary fast.
The Tiger was a perfect balance of speed and comfort. Just sold it a couple of months ago and regret doing so.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6589 | Location: Cumberland Plateau, Tennessee | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
current ride is 2014 harley ultra classic. Had several harley's over the years. Favorite ride was a big dog mastiff with big fat rear tire and monster 107 engine tuned out to max! Just not comfortable for more than a couple hundred miles

Posts: 718 | Location: va | Registered: 30 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BMW R1200RT. Had Harleys for 50 years. I flat love the BMW. Absolute great touring bike. Cruise control, heated grips-seat, adj shield, electronic suspension, 7-gal tank, 47 mpg and if the speed is kept over 65 mph, the rider stays dry in the rain.

Tad expensive, though ...

Posts: 378 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Honda CB200 and Honda Super 90, small but convenient, with grocery baskets.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14327 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
2001 Honda XR650R, plated & titled with a few mods Big Grin . Been riding for over 50 years.

Cats have nine lives. Which makes them ideal for experimentation...

Posts: 947 | Location: NYB | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Schwinn Playboy with banana seat circa 1966.

One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
24" SE Quadangle and a 1924 Indian Scout

Posts: 3232 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Huvius:
24" SE Quadangle and a 1924 Indian Scout

Don't know what a Quadangle is, but love to see photos of the Indian!

Cheers, Chris

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A mint condition 1986 GSXR 1100 Suzuki. Never dropped or re painted, and a hell of a lot of fun to ride.

Posts: 807 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 03 November 2007Reply With Quote