Login/Join

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted
Look what I just found in my garage. Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is just about too cool!!

Do me a favor; look and see if there's a Norton Commando in there somewhere that you could send me.

thanks,

Rich

If necessary, I could come and get it...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow! Tooth fairy? Didn't come across a Vincent Black Lightning did you?
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
It actually belongs to a good friend of mine who hasn't got room to store it (because he's recently also bought a Guzzi) and as I've been itching to get my hands on it to tidy it up and do some of those little jobs that always need doing, he bought it over to me to play with for a longish while and he's been kind enough to let me ride it as well.

The bike needs a few smallish things done to improve it but nothing major. Next job will probably be to fit a hydraulic clutch and try to improve the conical hub front brake.

In the meantime, it needs regular test rides to check the improvements I've made. LOL!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Love those old Triumphs. My brother owned a Trident back in the middle 70's. It was a great bike until some old lady pulled out from a stop sign before noticing he was heading towards her!
Bike didn't survive but fortunately my brother did.

I been looking for a good deal on one of the newer used Bonneville's. Sooner or later I will snag one.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6600 | Location: Cumberland Plateau, Tennessee | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
South Africa is the place to look for classic bikes at the moment...... So many whites are now leaving the country the values are going through the floor and I'm told you can pick up a decent Bonnie or similar for less than a thousand USD and crating and shipping will cost about the same again.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My last brit bike was a '76 Trident, white tank with the gold panels. I could find room for one today in the garage somewhere.

Even a 77-79 Beemer R100RT single seat version. A friend has one that has been dual plugged and will run the 93 octane unleaded premium we have these days.

The Trident went down the road for an R100S, the red one.

The old bikes just seem so small compared to the bikes of today, and a lot lighter.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Gotta say this one goes through the bends like a hot knife through butter. Smiler

one of us
posted Hide Post
"South Africa is the place to look for classic bikes at the moment...... So many whites are now leaving the country the values are going through the floor and I'm told you can pick up a decent Bonnie or similar for less than a thousand USD and crating and shipping will cost about the same again."
Steve, you got any good trusted contacts in RSA?
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Peter

Ja...... I've got several friends over there who are at least keen classic car/bike enthusiasts and one or two who are in the business.

If you did buy one, you need to be sure of the provenance of the vehicle as far as matching numbers etc are concerned and there's a bit of paperwork to be done to get the export permit but nothing difficult....... interestingly, LHD cars are also very cheap to pick up because they changed the law a few years ago and technically, a LHD car can now only be sold for export or retained by owner.

Send me a PM if I can be of help.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Must be a reproduction...I do not see an oil spot.

Posts: 490 | Location: middle tennessee | Registered: 11 November 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mauser93:
Must be a reproduction...I do not see an oil spot.

Brit bikes are like Landrovers and Jeeps....... they don't leak oil, they just mark their territories. Wink