THE ACCURATE RELOADING CLASSIC AND SPORTS CAR FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classic And Sports Cars    Some people have the luck of the devil!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some people have the luck of the devil!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted
I was driving through our little town today and just in front of me is a truck towing a trailer and on the trailer is a half restored Mercedes SL280.

I pulled alongside and the driver is a member of our classic car club...... so we pulled over for a chat.

The Merc is from 1970 and the body is immaculate. Resprayed and with a brand new softop on it. Further inspection showed a bit of corrosion in the drivers side floor pan but everything else looks pretty good.

In the back of his truck are ALL the odds and sods that are missing from the car including ALL brand new chromework still in the manufacturers wrappings and the hard top.

Looks to me as though other than seat reupholstery and an engine strip and inspection all he has to do is bolt it together and give it a wash.

Turned out he'd been given the car............

Now check this: http://www.nadaguides.com/defa...i=76559&z=12345&da=1

Talk about the luck of the devil! Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
ya with my luck someone would give me a nice car and there would be a body in the trunk/boot and I would not have an alibi rotflmo

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote