New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hellcat - Fun For One Hour...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I imagine we will see a lot more of these wrapped around all sorts of immovable objects.

quote:

Hellcat one hour totaled: 2015 Dodge car totaled 60 minutes on road, tree crash

December 22, 2014

A Hellcat, which in one hour was totaled in a bad accident, has car lovers everywhere shaking their heads today. The first 2015 Dodge Challenger purchased in Colorado, a new model hotly anticipated by vehicle enthusiasts, was crashed into a tree this week, having had less than 60 minutes on the road. Jobs and Hire News reports this Monday, Dec. 22, 2014, that the driver fortunately was all right following impact, but his green hot rod was not.

Hellcat one hour totaled: Powerful car is destroyed in a crash, viewers shocked

With the New Year right around the corner, updated cars for 2015 may be on many people’s minds. A Hellcat one hour totaled story is currently trending this afternoon after police confirmed a brand new Dodge Challenger, the very first to be sold in the state of Colorado, was utterly demolished in a serious crash soon after it left the car dealership. What a sad way to go.

The incident itself occurred shortly after 8 pm earlier this weekend, Canada Journal News adds. A Colorado State Patrol officer mentioned in his report that the Hellcat driver suddenly lost control of the vehicle while driving, getting involved into a crash when he struck a tree off the road. The accident happened less than 60 minutes after the new owner had purchased the 2015 Dodge Challenger.

According to local media outlets, the driver of the Hellcat totaled in an hour was Lance Utley, a 34-year-old man of Winter Par. The Colorado resident apparently had been unable to maintain control of his impressive green ride near Riverdale Road. Drugs or alcohol are not believed to have played a role in the crash. One source says the accident occurred due to “over-correction” near a speed limit sign adjacent to the road that evening.

"The Hellcat may have been in a slight drift. The road is very narrow, but in good condition, well marked, and with a posted 40 MPH speed limit sign. The car started to drift toward the right after the speed limit sign. The driver tried to connect, but the resulting over-correction sent the car across the lane and into a large cottonwood (tree.)"

Thankfully, Utley was not injured in the bad crash, nor were the three other passengers in the car. The 34-year-old Colorado driver is likely banging his head against a broken steering wheel, however, knowing that he unfortunately managed to destroy his new 2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat in just 60 minutes from its original purchase. In light of the car accident, Utley is being charged with one count of reckless driving. It is possible that the man’s inexperience with the car, especially its power to reach high speeds at a swift pace, might have contributed to the accident with the tree.

The press release on the Hellcat one hour totaled headline notes that the new 2015 Dodge is one powerhouse of a vehicle. It is slated as quite possibly one of the most powerful and striking cars that Dodge has ever made and is equipped with 707 horsepower and Supercharged HEMI V8, for car lovers out there. There has been a small investigation into the crash launched by local authorities. They hope to determine whether road conditions, weather issues, or speeding might have contributed to the crash. The incident was said to have occurred just several miles from the car dealership.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i have recently read (I know you cannot believe everything you hear/read) that this engine will not deliver the 700 HP before a 500 mile breaking period. I guess it has an electronic governor of sorts. If true, this driver could not handle the initial 500HP limit until breaking in, much less 700HP..
500 HP and all that low end super charged torque is far more than most people can handle.
Can get you in serious trouble on a wet road with the best drivers..

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I read one time that a few of the new 427 Cobra drivers never lived to make their first payment.
At least they are getting passenger safety caught up somewhat to muscle.

Posts: 273 | Location: Northern MN | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
young people always have to know how fast it is within an hour.

And, for some sad reason, they always pick the worst road in their area to do the initial testing on.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by odies dad:
I read one time that a few of the new 427 Cobra drivers never lived to make their first payment.

Shelby also made only two Cobra 427 'SuperSnakes' (800hp via twin paxton blowers)

One was his personal own, the only other he sold to Bill Cosby.
Its said Cosby returned it after his first but frightful drive of the beast,
The next owner Mr.Maxey, destroyed the car together with himself, by going over a cliff.

apparently the car was the inspiration for Cosbys comedy skit called, '200 M.P.H'

Shelbys personal own sole surviving 1966 Supersnake, sold for $5.5 million.

Posts: 9434 | Location: Here & There- | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
forget about 500...or even 700 horsepower for that matter, as 99.5% of the driving population can't handle 350hp. I will ask my buddy about the 500 mile break in period limit on the motor..he got his last week.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ezeerider...you can get the 700hp right out of the gate...my buddy did it with barely 60 miles on the odometer...on his way home with the Hellcat after picking it up at the dealer.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote