Find
Notify
Tools

My new truck
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Sorry Randy. I missed your picture request on Saturday. I've been so busy with this Bronco II that time just zips on by. I swore I had checked my emails Sunday. My most humble apologies. Slacker custombolt.

quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
Yes sir. You also learn early on to avoid parking on an incline, you tend to do a dbl heel + toe routine operating the clutch, brake, gas, + starter. I sent custombolt the pics; hope to see them posted soon.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5100 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
No sweat my friend, we have dealt with it personally already. Be well, Amigo!

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah Bill, the Colt Lightning was my son's idea to include in the pic. I was not aware; but since I gave it to him for Christmas several years ago, I find it justified, + just perhaps that a lifetime of gifts to ones children might one day come back to bless the father? As the old Aphgan saying went, "Lick up the honey, stranger + don't ask questions."

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Randy that's beautiful.

Original 215 cube has babbitt rods.

Next door guy has a '55, 235 6. I let him park a

3/4 ton '54 in my back yard for a "few days"

early Feb '21, it's still here.

Know anyone that might want to buy either one?

Neither one has been worked on much. Both have

gray primer though. That's to protect the metal

rust. He got badly hurt 3 years ago on the job.

Might be willing to sell one or both now.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5944 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
George, P.M. sent.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My son's body man came by today + picked up the visor; gonna get everything straight , repaint the black, polish the chrome trim, + install. New (vintage) Hurst T-handle arrived 2 days ago to mount to the new (vintage) assembly. Some bending of the shafts will be required. We are already pulling the rims from the 37 so that we can paint the rims black + then use the baby moons caps. We are getting close. Moe soon to follow!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
George, I passed on the info to my son on the 54 + 55. Has anything happened?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just got set up with my new insurance agency (Haverty) that specialize in vintage cars through my Allstate agent. My premium is $324.00 for 1 year with no deductible, full coverage + roadside assistance including flat bed towing. Sounds like a good deal to me. I've heard good things about their agency.

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
My son just bought me a fully restored 1951 Chevy P.U. I emailed the pics to Bill/ Oregon to see if he would download them for me + post them here. It is one sweet vehicle. This is my same son who bought the 68 Barracuda for his bother.

A fine young man, I think I'll keep him. tu2

If you decide you don't want him, I'll take him!
....................................................... old MacD37 tu2

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
That is beautiful.
Better chain it to a tree(INSIDE of a building)

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, yes it is. I'm chomping at the bit to drive it. Shifter is still not installed + grandson was here for the past week so no work was being done on the vehicle due to more important things. Still waiting on the body guy to deliver + install the visor. I guess I'm sounding like an old fart, because I am. In my time, one would do the work allotted in the time allotted previously agreed upon. Sadly today that seems to be no longer the case; the honor of a mans word has diminished to a great degree in my lifetime. O.K. off the soap box, more details as they arrive. Beleive me, I'm even more anxious than you!

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 701 | Location: South Pacific NW | Registered: 09 January 2021Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a 2-door 57 Belaire that I bought in 1972 for $75.00. One owner. When I told my son about it he went ballistic. I told him that in 72 it wasn't a classic, it was only an old car.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
In the early 70s you could still go to the wrecking yard + buy vehicles that really needed minor repair to get them running right. I bought a 57 Ford Ranchero (land yacht) + a 59 Impala (w/ those horizontal fins) for $50.00 each as memory serves. Just like guns that we have let go of, there are vehicles that we wish we still had.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fantastic old truck!!!

Posts: 41769 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
Two more photos from Randy. Loving the straight six, and that Colt Lightning.

It has a later model full oil pressure 235 or 261 engine. Remember the other button on the floor for the dimmers.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep, the dipper switch it was called. I'm still more familiar with that than the newer dimmer on the turn indicator. Still waiting on the body man to bring me my vintage visor, + what with the Hurst floor shift assembly, I will have to make brackets to offset the cable so that I can have the speedometer function. I know I don't NEED the speedometer but I WANT to have it all functional. Oh + as an aside, the other night we had rain + super high winds that took down trees + branches + one limb grazed my daughter in laws 65 Mustang but totalled the car parked beside hers.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I had a 47 in high school.

It got me around.

Posts: 19364 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
True. I have told my son how I bought a 57 Belair 2 door in 1972 for $75.00 + he just went bananas, I told him to remember in 72 it wasn't a classic, only an old car. Folks with deep pockets + foresight could make a mint.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
True. I have told my son how I bought a 57 Belair 2 door in 1972 for $75.00 + he just went bananas, I told him to remember in 72 it wasn't a classic, only an old car. Folks with deep pockets + foresight could make a mint.

Same with the 68 Chevelle I brought in 76 just another old rust bucket to get me back and forth to collage.

Posts: 19364 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote