Find
Notify
Tools

My new truck
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted
My son just bought me a fully restored 1951 Chevy P.U. I emailed the pics to Bill/ Oregon to see if he would download them for me + post them here. It is one sweet vehicle. This is my same son who bought the 68 Barracuda for his bother. A fine young man, I think I'll keep him. tu2

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
Nice!! Looking forward to pictures

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7583 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Randy, here you go, bro. It's a lovely old Chev. He must be a pretty fine son!

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16317 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
WOW!

Off the charts on the cool factor.

I am a Ford guy as far as vintage trucks go, but that Chevy is sweet.

Congrats on your truck - and more importantly, your son!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13346 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jungleboy
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the classic Chevy

Posts: 518 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MeMe
posted Hide Post
Nice!!!

Posts: 360 | Location: California | Registered: 14 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nvmichael
posted Hide Post
WOW!!! Very Nice NC

Posts: 1069 | Location: NV | Registered: 27 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Nice one. Excellent paint work! Black shows every little flaw ya know. Lucky you.
CB

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5087 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, it has the original 6 cyl. moter w/ dual carbs (clean as a whistle) + a Camaro rear end. Been converted to 12 V. I'll have to get my son to take a few more pics under the hood + in the cab + I'll post (or ask Bill to) Smiler

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Dual carbs, neat. Need any picture assistance let me know. Now that it has chilled out around here again, my Bronco II project has been put on hold. So, I have more play time.
Be well.
CB

Posts: 5087 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I may take you up on your offer. I don't have a cel phone + don't know how to do that + I hate to bother Bill.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My son has a friend that does window tinting + will do mine in the next few days. Also gonna change out the rims with baby moons + looking for an external full width visor. I had one on a 49 that I had years ago + it was a really nice touch.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice truck. My birth year.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2630 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm still waiting for my son to take the pics of the motor + interior. He is super busy clearing brush + trees here + after buying me the truck I kinda hate to be pushy on asking him to hurry up + take the pics.

One of Us
Picture of nvmichael
posted Hide Post
Does it have that push button (faded ivory looking buttons) radio in the dash?
Waiting for pics...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No, the dash is original as well as the gauges. The factory had a plate that covered the radio slot. Has the dash pull knobs for choke + heater; dash top switch for the wipers + floor starter. At some point I want to install A.C. but it will have to be very well done. We do quite a bit of classic car parades down here but they are in the heat of summer.

One of Us
Picture of nvmichael
posted Hide Post
Ah, the floor starter. You have to be a certain age to know what that button on the floor does Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes sir. You also learn early on to avoid parking on an incline, you tend to do a dbl heel + toe routine operating the clutch, brake, gas, + starter. I sent custombolt the pics; hope to see them posted soon.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Two more photos from Randy. Loving the straight six, and that Colt Lightning.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16317 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
There we go. Clean and tasteful.