Find
Notify
Tools

Thoughts on a 09 Maserati GTS?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
The words Italian, sports car, and reliable should never be spoken together.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13095 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Italian sports cars are like Italian women - Great to look at when new but they don't age well...

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I didn't want to start a separate thread, so, what about an Aston Martin? 08's or 09's seem to go for under $40K. Seems like a good price to me, but only if the damn thing stays running!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Peter - I have no direct experience with AMs. From the reliability studies, they are much more reliable today than ever before. Being a British motor, electrical problems have plagued previous AMs. All things electrical are dark art magic to the British; something they have never mastered. I believe the only drawback with AM and with any high end import is the cost of service and parts.

As Mercedes-Benz now owns 20% of the company and a Canadian investor owns 20% after a $560 million infusion, I would imagine AM will survive and production quality will continue to improve.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Love those Vanquish coupes. But, it could be a roll of the dice. If you're lucky you may not have to -
open yer wallet

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5077 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Newer Porsche's give great bang for the buck if you can allow yourself to drive a flat 6. Look for a 1 owner car with low miles. 911's ride nicer than Caymans or Boxsters. Few if any worries.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5077 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I gave up on fancy cars. Now drive a 2016 4Runner. Just hauled an elk home in it. Couldn't do that in my Mercedes.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well you could, but it would require quite a bit of cutting.

And Mercedes sheetmetal is damn expensive.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I was looking at a Vantage. I was advised to stay clear of the automatic transmissions. At 5'6" I am pretty low to the ground, but this damn car is even lower!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
I was looking at a Vantage. I was advised to stay clear of the automatic transmissions. At 5'6" I am pretty low to the ground, but this damn car is even lower!
Peter.

I HATE the auto transmissions. Paddle shift BS.

A sports car should have a manual transmission with a stick and third pedal. Yeah, I get it. The paddle shift allows a talented driver to get around a tract a half second faster and possibly reduces 0-60 times by .2 seconds ... at best.

But really, how many of us regularly track our cars and on the occasion we do, how often do we participate in times laps or races where a half second matters.

I submit that 99% of driving is done on the streets and when we do track the car, it's for fun and pleasure, not cut throat competition.

The paddle shift / automatic operation in a sports car just neuters the entire experience. The experience should be about engagement with the car, the physical connection, the mastering of little skills like heel/toe shifting under breaking, smooth coordination of throttle and clutch, etc. All those little things that make you turn around for one last glimpse of the car before you walk into the house, and that little urge about an hour after a driving session that beckons you back for another drive. The paddle shift cars rarely inspire that. At least for me they don't. YMMV

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
Not familiar with that, but I would like a used Quattro. They now have a dealership in Jacksonville.
Peter.

There’s a magical Quattro on Auto Broker with only 23,000 miles for $19,000. Wish I could afford that toy, looks perfect.

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Damn, MD I posted that in 2014. Who or what is Auto Broker? I tried Googling it wihtout success.?
Peter

One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Peter:
Damn, MD I posted that in 2014. Who or what is Auto Broker? I tried Googling it wihtout success.?
Peter[/

I screwed up, sorry. It’s on autotrader.com. Really nice car. Hopefully.

Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mdstewart:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Peter:
Peter[/

I screwed up, sorry. It’s on autotrader.com. Really nice car. Hopefully.

Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
And Too Many More