Notify
Tools

Thoughts on a 09 Maserati GTS?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted
Does anyone have one? Thoughts?

Posts: 2316 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
No one has one?

Posts: 2316 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not familiar with that, but I would like a used Quattro. They now have a dealership in Jacksonville.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
This is an 09 with the F1 six speed.

http://www.cars.com/vehicledet.../621333111/overview/

one of us
posted Hide Post
That is a mean looking car. How are they for reliability?
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
I don't know that's why I am asking before I buy one? They have very good reviews.

One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
This is what they sound like, Cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnaMSSXBwwY

one of us
posted Hide Post
Boy, these cars used are very attractively priced! Surely someone must know about reliability. With the looks and the price I could be sorely tempted. From what I have read, the transmission changed (for the better) in 2009 or so.
Peter.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am holding out for an MC12. Maserati of NE has one, but no price listed. That is always unsettling...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maseratis are really cool, right up until you have to get it serviced, or something breaks, or something breaks while getting serviced, or it just stops working altogether, or the motor takes a dump, or the electrics go, or you just develop an undiagnosable unfixable electrical gremlin. Otherwise they are really cool, assuming you have a lot of money and a lot of patience and don't mind the service shop keeping it 11 months out of the year. Otherwise that one or two times you get to use it a year are a blast. Almost like you stole it and knowing you can't really keep it for very long. But they are great to look at, but you really should take a picture of it so that you can remember what it looks like or you could always just move in with your mechanic so you can at least look at it from time to time.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Damn Opus1, you sure know how to shut down someone's dream!!!
Back to the XK8 or XKR.
Peter

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorta joking in my opinion of them.

But it is Italian and who the hell really knows...

Wink

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
The company specializes in the production of various automotive LED lights, strobe lights, police lights, Amber led lights Amber led lights, work lights, welcome to purchase.

Posts: 2 | Location: usa | Registered: 28 September 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
I've not owned one but most of what I've read on them is pretty much in line with Opus' commentary.

Damned pretty cars tho.

one of us
posted Hide Post
You own an Italian car you will be on a first name relationship with your mechanic.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Watching the video, I think I saw a few small parts fall off :-)

Posts: 20074 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In the 1970s I was picking up Lotus Elans really cheap due to the owners not being able to afford to keep them running. Not that they had significantly more problems than other cars but when they did parts were expensive and hard to get and there were only a couple of shops in Dallas that consistently worked on them.

I bought 3 running Elans with leaking water pumps. The water pump was a cartridge design sandwiched between the timing chain covers. The water pump was designed to be removed easily after removing the front cover but the water pump O rings leaked and corroded the pump body. With the corrosion the engine/transmission had to be removed so the front covers/jack shaft could be removed as a unit and disassembled on the bench. Thus a two hour job became a twenty hour job. Since I did the repair {And an improvement that eliminated the problem in the future.} myself I did no fret over the hours and made some good money on the resales after tidying up the problems. Unfortunately I find this sort of thing common on low production exotics. Thus the catastrophic cost of maintenance if you cannot do the work your self.

Posts: 157 | Location: Dallas area | Registered: 07 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gbs:
In the 1970s I was picking up Lotus Elans really cheap due to the owners not being able to afford to keep them running. Not that they had significantly more problems than other cars but when they did parts were expensive and hard to get and there were only a couple of shops in Dallas that consistently worked on them.

I bought 3 running Elans with leaking water pumps. The water pump was a cartridge design sandwiched between the timing chain covers. The water pump was designed to be removed easily after removing the front cover but the water pump O rings leaked and corroded the pump body. With the corrosion the engine/transmission had to be removed so the front covers/jack shaft could be removed as a unit and disassembled on the bench. Thus a two hour job became a twenty hour job. Since I did the repair {And an improvement that eliminated the problem in the future.} myself I did no fret over the hours and made some good money on the resales after tidying up the problems. Unfortunately I find this sort of thing common on low production exotics. Thus the catastrophic cost of maintenance if you cannot do the work your self.

For most of the true exotics today, Maserati / Ferrari / etc., there is very little one can do themselves these days as they all require very specialized equipment. When I had my 599, there were several garages around the DFW area that did work on Ferrari, but not the 458 / 599 or newer as they required specialized diagnostic equipment that wasn't economical for them to purchase since they just don't see these cars very often.

With the current Lotus cars, like my new Evora, they are more like semi-exotics. They now use the Toyota Camry engine but supercharged. Any place that can work on a Camry can work on it. I just had the first oil change done at Jiffy Lube.

Again, I've not owned a Maserati but when I was active on the Ferrari forums (Ferrarichat.com), there were quite a few threads on them. The unreliability factor was the overriding theme to all of those threads ... and that on a Ferrari forum, a car not known for reliability itself, at least in the older cars.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Exotic car made in Italy!

No thanks! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66731 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote