New
Find
Notify
Tools

2015 Corvette Z06
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Nice write in Motor Trend. A killer car all the way around. They ran 1.16 g's cornering, the highest ever short of a race car. A hundred grand that will readily run with the Italian's and stomp the rest.

Posts: 1572 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is a great car, no doubt.

That said, it is always going to be a Corvette with the limited status they enjoy.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:

That said, it is always going to be a Corvette with the limited status they enjoy.

GM only built 37,288 Corvettes for 2014Smiler

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6600 | Location: Cumberland Plateau, Tennessee | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:

GM only built 37,288 Corvettes for 2014Smiler

A great car. GM needs to take everything it learns from corvette and move it to Cadillac. Instead to competing with BMW or MB - they need to go a step further.

Make Cadillac match Corvette - give buyers the performance, styling, value for money and loyalty than corvette brings.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Snowwolfe,

Ferrari only built about 7,500 cars in 2014. Porsche about 10,000. And, they are not discounting the sticker price. I am seeing leftover 2013, and 2014's being heavily discounted to get people to buy them. The local dealers here are offering discounts on new 2015's.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have a 2014 Stingray, unbelievable car for $63K with most all of the options, 460 hp, 7 sp. with rev match. Attended a 2 day racing school at Spring Mountain track in NV driving the same cars. Awesome. Hard to imagine the Z06 with 650 hp anywhere but on the track.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
wretched excess, that's my motto...

one of us
posted Hide Post
What about the 700+hp hellcat Dodges or the 650+HP shelby GT350 or the 1000HP Shelby1000
Horsepower sells I guess

NRA Life Member, ILL Rifle Assoc Life Member, Navy

Posts: 2296 | Location: Monee, Ill. USA | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
contrary to the discounting of corvettes, Hellcats are being marked up $20K.
The GT350 is not available yet.
The SL 1000 is $150K and your 662 HP GT500, which engine has been dropped by ford...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Both my buddies got their new 2015 cars last week. One is the new Hellcat and the other a new Z06. Both cars are in the same large garage...both are just awesome cars too..each in their own way. The Hellcat, metallic red w/ black trim and black/red interior was purchased for sticker at 65K and a really sharp looking car with plenty of muscle, the Z06 is all black and was 94K and bad to the bone! The sleekness of this car is just mind-boggling....very similar to a Ferrari/exotic car type exterior styling. From the bottom edge of the windshield to the bottom edge of the back window....all one arching line that is just so bad-ass. The aerodynamics just have to be awesome on this Vette. The exterior lines of this car resembles that of batman movies....and the interior is quite nice as well. All of that said about the Vette, the Hellcat is just as awesome inside and out. Both are unbelievable cars for the money....and both cars are owned by friends so I just might get to drive them...once the "newness" wears off. Smiler I have lots of pics of both if someone would like to post them for me.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The new Corvette seems finally to have made it to the big leagues. The interior is stunning, and functional.

Given my choice, I want the Hellcat with automatic transmission though.

That said, if you have to choose, you win either way...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think the new design of the Z06 is going to Segway right into a C8 model with a mid engine. They have been talking about it for years..but I am betting the C8 will arrive with the engine in the middle. It won't take a whole lot of re-engineering...and Chevy needs to again set themselves apart from all of the others. C8 with a 650hp base model power-plant.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote