Find
Notify
Tools

Hellcat...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Woo-Hoo!!

2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat shows 707 HP and 650ft/lbs of Torque.

Let the games begin.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Eaten alive by the blown 'vette. Smiler

Posts: 1572 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As the Brits say: "not bloody likely...".

C&D's strip numbers were 11:2 in the quarter.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I want one!

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A "blown" C6 or C7 will easily run in the high 10's. The stock C6 is capable of running 12 flat.

Did read the Hellcat was certified to run 10.3 with drag slicks installed. That is fast!

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6599 | Location: Cumberland Plateau, Tennessee | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the numbers are box stock.

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
Great sound

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7591 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Heavy Barrel
posted Hide Post

Posts: 88 | Location: Central PA | Registered: 17 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The question for me is: are you more likely going to go to a road course this year where the vette can show its' prowess, or the local drag strip where the Hellcat will crush everything else with license plates and street tires?

Any of you ever been to a track day and had the fun of three hours safety wiring every nut & bolt on a car VS airing the rear tires up to cut down on tire shake at a drag strip?

Rich

one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
I'll challenge it if I get to choose the course with my 2001 Ford Ranger.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Heavy Barrel
posted Hide Post
It won't be long,everyone wants to be top dog !!

http://www.automotiveaddicts.c...-in-2016-svt-mustang

Posts: 88 | Location: Central PA | Registered: 17 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Hellcat will not out-perform the 2015 Z06 even though it is shy by 50hp. It's lighter weight, better engine management and better handling will overcome the slight shortage of HP. Plus it looks a hell of a lot better and will be more reliable. Every motor head is going to want one. What was that about the Hellcat...I forgot already.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Remember, the Hellcat needs 80 HP just to overcome the weight difference between it and the 2015 Z-06...that gives a 30hp advantage to the Vette. In addition, the Hellcat is heavier up front, lighter in the back making for traction issues....drag radials or not....all else being equal. The Vette has perfect weight ratio front to rear. Both will be in the 80K range and we know which is the better deal...right? One is a play on shear HP alone while the other "has it all".

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodrow S:
Remember, the Hellcat needs 80 HP just to overcome the weight difference between it and the 2015 Z-06...that gives a 30hp advantage to the Vette. In addition, the Hellcat is heavier up front, lighter in the back making for traction issues....drag radials or not....all else being equal. The Vette has perfect weight ratio front to rear. Both will be in the 80K range and we know which is the better deal...right? One is a play on shear HP alone while the other "has it all".

Couldn't of said it better myselfSmiler With a little luck I hope to get a new Z06 in a couple of years.
Besides the Vet always has the "wow" factor that never goes away.

I think the Hellcat is an interesting car and if I had the $$$ would buy one just as an investment. Have a strong hunch it will not be around for long due to bunny huggers and driveline problems and within 4-5 years could be a great choice as an investment car.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6599 | Location: Cumberland Plateau, Tennessee | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hellcat I saw in StL was $62K. No 'vette yet, so it's hard to tell if it will be faster. It will kill any factory Camaro ever built in the quarter. The Camaro can't even hang with the Shelby where 99% of the encounters take place; a straight stretch of road from 100yds long to top end.

The silliness of touting handling past 8/10ths VS the Dragstrip is a mask for slow. I would ask all of you Chevrolet fans to post the last time you were at a Track Day on a Road Course VS a stoplight encounter.

The Hellcat's 11:1 in the quarter is going to be hard to beat.

The 'vette has to show it can compete with 911's, and NO 'vette has ever done that except price tag.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are not going to be able to drive the Z06 vette or Hellcat on a wet road. They are going to make way to many of both of them ever see much appreciation.
Who really cares which one is faster,they are both fast and more capable than 99% of the drivers out there. I might just inquire about the insurance on either of these and I am 57 years old.
Appears to be considerable appeal to FI engines these days.
I sort of trend back towards a factory tricked out NA motor. Take the Chevy 427 or the Dodge 392 ,add direct injection and raise the compression to 12:1 and you have a motor with +525 HP and touch 500 Lb/ft of torque with a motor that should last a long time without the heat soak issue common the FI engines. You also gain the throttle response of a NA motor.
I would like to drive the Challenger across the country (392 SRT).
Nice thing about the vette and the challenger is that you can take either on a trip and find parts in most place if required.
I acquired a 2009 DB9 a few months ago and love it as it is the car I always wanted but it does not have a spare tire and good luck if your alternator craps out in Hobbs, New Mexico.

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
All things equal, I'd give the edge to the Dodge. If the Vette is a stick, and you put a good set of drag radials on it, it is even money on whether it spits out the rear axles or breaks the tranny first. You would have to spend thousands to get the rear to live and most of the guys I know have swapped to automatics(not even close to built stock) to make the rear live on the track. I am a Mopar man, but I have great respect for the LS GM's, they are one hell of an engine! In Houston, The School of Automotive Machinists is well known for their record holding LS based cars. I have a friend with a 960 horse Pro-Charged Z06 that I damn near wont ride in, its that scary!!! As to the hp-weight advantage, it is a moot point, if you cant put the power to the ground, its worthless. I used to love our yearly Mopar Show at Houston Raceway Park, lots of Vipers would come out and brag in the pits about how fast their 600+ horse cars were, and how the magazine writers had them running low 11's but most of them had no track skills and were lucky to be in the thirteens. I would run them with my 520 horse 69 440-6 pack that weighed in at 4120 with me in it, was about as aerodynamic as the average Billboard, and just destroy them. They had more horses and less weight, but that don't make a race. Just because you can buy it, don't mean you can DRIVE it. They are both great cars, I'd like to have both of them!

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2265 | Location: Houston, TX. | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
lee,

you NEED! one of these...

One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
Purely a question, not meant to discuss the merits, etc

Are driver aids- specifically launch control banned?

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1428 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
I/S, the word on the street is that dealers(scalpers) are going to mark up as much as 20K over the sticker price! No thanks! My 69 Satelite has a 702 horse 528ci generation 2 Hemi and it runs well into the tens, which the Hellcat should be able to achieve. I will be putting the Hemi into my wifes 70 Cuda which weighs about 350 lbs. less than the Sat. It should be a hoot!
FMC I really am not up on all of the latest technology, but what I do know that you will not run near your cars capability with launch control as the computer is applying the brakes to limit wheel spin, not at all conducive to low E.T.'s!
Apples to oranges, the Vette is a great road car, the Challenger is a great street car.

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2265 | Location: Houston, TX. | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote