Bi_turbo (outside the pistol range...)

MClaren on the block, (not my pic)

buddy's shop. It's got an LS7 motor.

Posts: 6368 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Pret-ty cool.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5087 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've been getting the hankering for a fun car lately. Not sure what, but it's fun looking. In my early 20s I had a 1968 427 Corvette roadster with side pipes, but since then it's been family-related cars. The nest is now empty, so time time for some new vrooooom! :-)

Posts: 20076 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Beibs,

Hope you buy yourself a low miles Boxster so I can buy it from you a year later at a reduced price. jumping Say 2009 vintage? I drove a rental in 2015 or so and it was a blast to drive.
But, it ain't gonna rattle your teeth like that 427 big block 'vette engine probably did.

Posts: 5087 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not much on convertibles anymore. A Cayman would be my choice.

Posts: 20076 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Didn't recall much wind in the Boxster we rented. My 1987 Benz ragtop was super quiet with the top down at 85mph. I imagine the newer ones with the retractable hardtop might be quiet as well. More elbow room than the small Porsches, bigger engine too. Not much cool about the MB exhaust note though. Kind of a wolf in sheep's clothing to me.

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Biebs , PM sent.