New
Find
Notify
Tools

A friend's MGA
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Not a big fan of these, but John has a nice one. He has had it since it was about 2 yrs old.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow~ BRG too!
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is very nice.

They have a very sexy rear end, for a car Big Grin

DRSS

Posts: 1901 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I like it.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My brother had one back in the day. I got to drive it a lot. They were a real sports car and a blast to drive and look at. They, also, had Lucas electrics.

Dick Wright

Posts: 669 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 27 March 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A friend in high school bought one for a few hundred $$$ in the last 1960s, early 1970s. It turned out to be a special DOHC version that would be big money today....quite rare.

Posts: 20080 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yup,
Not many twin cam MGA's.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
They, also, had Lucas electrics.

The Prince of Darkness.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lucas electrics and Smiths instruments. What's not to like?

Posts: 807 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 03 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sharpsguy:
Lucas electrics and Smiths instruments. What's not to like?

Lucas Electrics! An abomination. If you ever dealt with them you would understand.

One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
Sorry, but I have to...….

U know why the Brit's like their beer warm?

'cause Lucas also makes refrigerators...

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1428 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Love it!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am well acquainted with Lucas electrics. I rode Triumph and Norton motorcycles and had an Austin Healy Sprite when I was in college.

The Concorde was a French/British joint venture with the French supplying the airframe and the Brits supplying the instruments and electrics. Lucas electrics and Smiths instruments on the Concorde--it is a real wonder we didn't lose one.

Posts: 807 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 03 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sharpsguy: Lucas electrics and Smiths instruments on the Concorde--it is a real wonder we didn't lose one.

Flight 4590?

Posts: 3235 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
A few years ago I was in the Snap-On truck + ended up buying a complete set of Snap-On Wentworth wrenches + sockets for a bargain basement price since no body here has any use for them (or even know what they are).The dealer was glad to move them.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote