Find
Notify
Tools

1982 Corvette.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hey all-knowledgeable-folks.. Cool

I have thought about in the years to come to get an 1982 Corvette which was the last year of the C3s.
I know is was the first year GM used EFI(Crossfire) in these Corvettes. Was that generally considered a good system or a is the old carburetor models still to be preferred?.

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
think of it as a throttle body, but actually closer in operation to a one-barrel carburetor.

I think you would be happier for a daily driver with a year or two older four barrel car.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 1982 and more specifically the crossfire engine was a dog. These were about the slowest vets ever with a 0-60 time measured in days. Ok not really, but if you are after performance, you will need to consider a serious rebuild. The 3C's were not my favorite vet...

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The C3 Corvette that would be happy with is just a stabil cruisin car that will crank and run every day..atleast during the summer.
I was also thinking about a 1980 or 1981 model.
I know the later models of the C3s were more or less of familycar performance. For me a Vet with 350-400HP would be more than enough but that wouldn´t be so hard to get out of a 350 motor. I could be looking for a rebuild late model were someone have put a 454 displacement into it.

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote