Find
Notify
Tools

New Bronco gone nuts.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
As hot as I am on the new Bronco, I still am disappointed that there is no steel top version with a tilt up roof vent available.
Nonetheless, I predict the latest strain of Covid is going to push post pre-order production back again to at least August of '22.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5086 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
I would never order a new vehicle of any type right now. A friend that works for FCA told me they are still producing vehicle but awaiting "chips" so the finished vehicles simply sit out doors exposed to weather for extended periods. We so lucked out getting our Rubicon 1 week before the planet shut down in 2020.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7570 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I purposely waited for the new Bronco reveal before ordering my Rubicon JL 7 months ago so I wouldnt have any regrets. 5 weeks later the JL was delivered and I paid 12% less than MSRP.
Very happy with my purchase, it has become our favorite vehicle to shop and drive around town due to the size, ease of parking, and maneuverability.

I could of found an old International Scout from the early 70's and it would of looked like the new Bronco.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6590 | Location: Cumberland Plateau, Tennessee | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Hopefully chip production will ramp up soon.
Enjoy your Jeeps ladies and gentlemen. No rush here.
Eventually, a 2 door in cyber orange will show up on a lot somewhere.

Posts: 5086 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I would gladly be enjoying my jeep had it not been stolen from my home, 1/2 a mile from the road, with No compensation from either my vehicle or homeowners insurance. I'm just fxxcked + out the money + vehicle + the law doesn't care. I know I'm beating a dead horse but I'm still very pissed off about the whole situation that there is no victim compensation but the crook goes free by turning evidence on his drug buddies.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
I would gladly be enjoying my jeep had it not been stolen from my home, 1/2 a mile from the road, with No compensation from either my vehicle or homeowners insurance.

Why wouldn't your auto insurer pay the claim?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6590 | Location: Cumberland Plateau, Tennessee | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They said that since I only had liability that it wasn't covered. and, although it was stolen right here on my property my homeowners insurance, refused to pay as well. There is something seriously wrong here. The kid that stole it totaled it out but since it was stolen my insurance company refused to pay the other 2 victims that he hit + totalled their cars too. I got the accident report from the cops + all he was charged with was unauthorized use of a vehicle. Well, we know what happened. The judge cut him a deal to lower the sentence if he would roll on his drug buddies. So meanwhile he walks + I'm just out $10K. Yeah, there is something seriously wrong here.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can't really blame the insurance company since you choose to not add comp and collision on the Jeep.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do! What reason to pay annual inflated rates on a vehicle that is only used during hunting season + kept out here in the country? You must be in the insurance business yourself to see any semblance of correct behavior here. We are forced by mandate (via the lobbyists) to insure every vehicle we own even though we can only drive one at a time. The driving record ,good or bad is moot. So, get real here; if you are not in the ins. bus. then what would YOU do, on having to carry heavy policys on my other vehicles + keeping it on the low down on my hunting vehicle? Allowing this shit to keep on happening is only an encouragement to the meth-head thieves.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I do! What reason to pay annual inflated rates on a vehicle that is only used during hunting season + kept out here in the country? You must be in the insurance business yourself to see any semblance of correct behavior here. We are forced by mandate (via the lobbyists) to insure every vehicle we own even though we can only drive one at a time. The driving record ,good or bad is moot. So, get real here; if you are not in the ins. bus. then what would YOU do, on having to carry heavy policys on my other vehicles + keeping it on the low down on my hunting vehicle? Allowing this shit to keep on happening is only an encouragement to the meth-head thieves.

you choose to not purchase appropriate insurance.

why do you expect an insurance company to pay for a theft of something that they are not contractually obligated to insure?

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Have never worked in the insurance agency. We own 4 vehicles, one ATV, a boat and a tractor. I realize if any of them were stolen I would be shit out of luck if I didnt pay for theft (comp?) coverage. St Farm charges me $205 every 6 months for 0 ded comp, 250 ded collision, basic medical, and liability on my 2021 Rubicon JL.
You gambled and lost.

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
I did work for an insurance company and we took a class on personal insurance. Sorry buddy. It is what it is. 0 coverage is not re-negotiable unfortunately. Even if you insured 100 cars at full coverage, a policy is a contract. You chose one with no collision or theft coverage.
Now, as for the homeowners insurance, anything inside the vehicle is covered under personal property. Cameras, prescription glasses, shoes, toys, hunting equipment, tools, cell phone, etc.
Sometimes saving money bites us right in the buttocks. Sometimes it doesn't. It's a roll of the dice amigo. They didn't screw you. CB

quote:

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My appolgies Snowwolf, I shouldn't have popped off at you,but I was + still am pissed about the whole situation. And yes I do feel screwed, possibly more by the legal system than the ins. co.s. I have a perfect driving record + have never had a claim filed + I'm in my 60's. I had full coverage at Farmers for years (vehicle + homeowners) until last spring when their rates went through the roof + I switched to AAA + Allstate because their rates were better + I assumed the same coverage. As I said, I never had a need to check until this happened as I have never needed to even talk to an agent.So yeah, this really comes as a kick in the teeth.

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Hey Ran,

I don't blame you one bit for being pissed Randy. I had an incident where the absolutely minty 1975 Bobcat wagon that I had bought 4 weeks prior was deemed a total loss because I got caught in a heavy snow squall and at 20 mph in a 40 zone, came across a vehicle waiting to turn left with her tail lights covered with snow. I just paid $2,000 for the car and did have 'comprehensive' coverage. Those bastards only paid me 300 for the claim after they played their tricks with actual cash value and my deductible AND they kept the damn car too! It still hurts. But, it was my fault for not insuring it for replacement value instead of just cash value.
Well, anyway, I feel your pain.
SOME states have victims rights laws in effect. Might be worth a check. If the car is kept by local PD/County as evidence of a crime, you may have a chance of getting it back after the evidence is no longer needed. You may be able to do this on your own without any counsel.

CB