New
Find
Notify
Tools

One From Texas
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Posts: 66683 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Not as cool as a Veyron. Ugly dash pod.
Not that I can afford to buy either one.
Would look cool flying over the grand canyon....
rotflmo

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5077 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anyone buying one of those needs to have their head examined.

Posts: 20067 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MeMe
posted Hide Post
I believe that the tires for the Veyron are $42,000. Guessing these will be quite a bit more.

Posts: 360 | Location: California | Registered: 14 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've been broke in my younger years + not rolling in it today, but I think that early mindset keeps one from buying stupid overpriced things that they don't need.

Posts: 4078 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As we say in Texas - If it is worth doing, it is worth over doing....

Posts: 10080 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I want one.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13306 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sabretooth
posted Hide Post
Nice car. I’m sure it will slam you to the seat but it still ain’t a four wheel drive truck…

Posts: 588 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 10 March 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Talking with my son this evening + he said that he bought one of those electric cars for one of his employees. Borrowed it the other day to run an errand downtown; said it had fantastically quick acceleration, but he felt like he was driving around in a baby's shoe. Big Grin

Posts: 4078 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
Never got any enjoyment out of owning a fancy/expensive/high performance car or matter-of fact anything whether it be watches, knives, guns, or whatever.

I must be missing a gene.

Mike

What I have learned on AR, since 2001:
1. The proper answer to: Where is the best place in town to get a steak dinner? is…You should go to Mel's Diner and get the fried chicken.
2. Big game animals can tell the difference between .015 of an inch in diameter, 15 grains of bullet weight, and 150 fps.
3. There is a difference in the performance of two identical projectiles launched at the same velocity if they came from different cartridges.
4. While a double rifle is the perfect DGR, every 375HH bolt gun needs to be modified to carry at least 5 down.
5. While a floor plate and detachable box magazine both use a mechanical latch, only the floor plate latch is reliable. Disregard the fact that every modern military rifle uses a detachable box magazine.
6. The Remington 700 is unreliable regardless of the fact it is the basis of the USMC M40 sniper rifle for 40+ years with no changes to the receiver or extractor and is the choice of more military and law enforcement sniper units than any other rifle.
7. PF actions are not suitable for a DGR and it is irrelevant that the M1, M14, M16, & AK47 which were designed for hunting men that can shoot back are all PF actions.
8. 95 deg F in Africa is different than 95 deg F in TX or CA and that is why you must worry about ammunition temperature in Africa (even though most safaris take place in winter) but not in TX or in CA.
9. The size of a ding in a gun's finish doesn't matter, what matters is whether it’s a safe ding or not.
10. 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact.
11. Never buy a WSM or RCM cartridge for a safari rifle or your go to rifle in the USA because if they lose your ammo you can't find replacement ammo but don't worry 280 Rem, 338-06, 35 Whelen, and all Weatherby cartridges abound in Africa and back country stores.
12. A well hit animal can run 75 yds. in the open and suddenly drop with no initial blood trail, but the one I shot from 200 yds. away that ran 10 yds. and disappeared into a thicket and was not found was lost because the bullet penciled thru. I am 100% certain of this even though I have no physical evidence.
13. A 300 Win Mag is a 500 yard elk cartridge but a 308 Win is not a 300 yard elk cartridge even though the same bullet is travelling at the same velocity at those respective distances.

Posts: 10040 | Location: Loving retirement in Boise, ID | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks really good, LS based engine. My heart couldn't take it, anyway.

Posts: 15786 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote