New
Find
Notify
Tools

Saeed's New Car
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
in this thread there are pictures in the store Purdey in London.

http://popgun.ru/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=126404

The base price of the guns - 50 thousand pounds. Down the page is a photograph of the store H&H.

Posts: 2356 | Location: Moscow | Registered: 07 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
Having worked on a TR6 and a MGB one really has to ask the question - What do the Brits have against electricity anyhow?

I am lucky enough to own a british car which had its 100th birthday 2 years ago and you know what, in the years I've owned it its never broken down and it always starts. Ok the various fluids dribble out the bottom only a little bit slower than i can pour them in the top but I just think of it as a constant loss system.

My german everyday car however, whilst its never broken down, has had its share of problems and my favourite summer toy which has a american 350 small block engine in it did recently conc out when the choke butterfly stuck shut.

I love em all in their different ways tho....

Posts: 7138 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
HEYMSR20, is this really true, or rather, is this for real? The shooting sports ie. FITASC, sporting clays, International Skeet etc. are dominated by O/U guns! In fact, S/S seem to be a novelty eg. look I can break these targets even with a S/S!!!
I admit that S/S guns can be things of beauty. I have a very nice looking CSMC RBL S/S shotgun, fitted case etc. etc. It is a beauty to look at. I have many favorable comments when I use it, and I do use it at the (American) skeet range. However, if I am shooting for score, then I use my O/U!!
peter

Yes it is true - I shoot as a guest three local shoots here to Edinburgh. Most guns are boxlock Dicksons, Jeffrey's, the odd round action and a couple of old H&Hs. Most have been in the family for two / three or four generations. One chap has one of a pair of H&H side locks (his brother has the other) - it's been in the family over 100 years and all the checkering is worn away, so is most of the bluing, but it's still tight and god knows how many thousands of birds it's shot. It's used several times a season. I use an old double trigger AyA Coral - it's noted that I use it, so I often now use my WJ Jeffery 410 side by side.

As to cost - syndicate membership very much depends on the bag size and whether it's driven or rough shooting. For a small shoot with typically 20 /30 birds a day, you will have a core syndicate of 8 guns each paying £500 to £1,000 a year and have half a dozen days. 100 bird days and you are looking at £3000 to £5000.

Buying let days price is £35 to £40 plus 20% VAT per bird shot. So a 100 bird will cost £4,800 divided by 8guns or £600 for the days shooting.

Posts: 979 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
We have a syndicate who use the next door farm plus ours so maybe 800 acres total. We don't charge them any rent as they help out with various things on occasion.

Not sure how many there are in the syndicate but they pay from £200 to £1000 dependant on the amount of work they put in. They are all just local folks of various means, those that wouldn't be able to afford the higher levels of subs tend to contribute their time in building pens and daily feeding. I guess they average 20-40 birds/day and shoot maybe 8/9 days.

Posts: 7138 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote