Tools

Saeed's New Car
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi Guys

He's the only one could afford one.

Priciest Range Rover Ever Made Is a Rolling Rifle Case

November 12, 2014 at 12:05 pm by Robert Sorokanich | Photography by Roy Ritchie and the Manufacturer

The iconic Range Rover was always meant to be a conveyance to the countryside. The latest special-edition Rangie underlines that tradition, partnering with historic British gunsmith Holland & Holland to create the most luxurious way to cart your hunting gear to the woods. And at a very refined price of nearly $285,000, it’s the most expensive Range Rover ever produced.

The Holland & Holland Range Rover starts out with the already-expensive Range Rover Autobiography Black, Land Rover’s toppest-of-the-top model. The folks at Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations take things to the next level with unique Holland & Holland Green paint and badging befitting the landed gentry.

Inside, the opulence continues, with tan and espresso leather upholstery and French walnut accents to match the wooden gunstocks of Holland & Holland’s famous firearms. The long-wheelbase Range Rover’s 7.3 inches of additional back-seat legroom gives plenty of space for Sir’s hunting boots, while a special center console offers fold-out walnut tables, lighting, and USB charging ports.

Even the interior doorhandles get the Holland & Holland touch, showing off the intricate scrollwork engraving you’d expect to see on a bespoke over-under shotgun.

Out back we find the undeniable party piece of this special-edition Rover: the leather and aluminum rifle cabinet fitted to the trunk floor. The removable gun locker fits two of Holland & Holland’s fine firearms, while the slide-out floor on the lower tailgate can “be sat upon when owners wish to change their footwear or stop for a brief picnic.”

All of this luxuriousness isn’t just pricey, it’s exclusive: SVO will produce only 40 of the bespoke brutes per year over the next three years. If you’re in need of a vehicle for your sporting endeavors, have the help contact Land Rover to get your name on the list.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/p...se/?mag=cad&click=yr

Regards
Deafdog

Posts: 267 | Location: Far North Coast of NSW, Australia | Registered: 14 January 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's wonderful. Nobody understands luxury like the English.

I'd like a cord of wood like the butt stocks of those two shotguns. Pretty obvious who made them.

Dick Wright

Posts: 669 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 27 March 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now if the English could understand engineering and reliability like the Japanese and Germans, their cars would be more desirable.

But in your new H&H Range Rover you will certainly look good when broken down on the side of the road.

tu2

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
I find it a bit funny that a Holland and Holland vehicle, for what you are getting and day to day practicality, looks pretty reasonably priced compared to a new Holland and Holland double rifle.

rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Opus 1: I have been there but never again. Just how hard can it be to wire a harness that is reliable?

Posts: 1066 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Having worked on a TR6 and a MGB one really has to ask the question - What do the Brits have against electricity anyhow?

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
does it come with the standard puddle of oil.

Posts: 94 | Location: Chilcotin B.C. | Registered: 05 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
Having worked on a TR6 and a MGB one really has to ask the question - What do the Brits have against electricity anyhow?

Wiring by Lucus the prince of darkness

Posts: 477 | Location: British Columbia Canada  | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now that's funny! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, as a budget option it would go. A little pretentious. Saeed probably has Purdey.

Posts: 2356 | Location: Moscow | Registered: 07 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And a gentleman wouldn't shoot with a pair of over and unders.

Posts: 979 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wiring by Lucus the prince of darkness

they say that Lucas is also responsible for their refrigeration .......
Hence the warm beer

Posts: 1607 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Heym SR20:

By the way, yes. And where is compartment for servant-loader? Gentleman does not recharge his guns himself.

One of Us
Picture of model7LSS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vashper:
quote:
Originally posted by Heym SR20:

By the way, yes. And where is compartment for servant-loader? Gentleman does not recharge his guns himself.

Brings up a funny story. Buddy of mine is a big time gun nut and collector, and Allman Brother's Band fanatic. Well he's up in NYC for the Brother's last Beacon run. Happens upon the Holland and Holland store and decides he has to visit. The gentlemen running the store was pleased to see someone there and took great interest in explaining to Bill the ins and out of their guns. Well this guy comes in with his wife and some friends and is loudly explaining to all that will hear how he has had several Hollands and doesn't like them because they are too hard to break down to load. The store clerk, excused himself from Bill, turned to the guy and said "Well typically sir, our clients do not load their own guns".

Auburn University BS '09, DVM '17

Posts: 603 | Location: Selma, AL | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are still plenty of shoots in the British isles where over and unders are lets say tolerated, but not liked. The host would much prefer guns to be using a fine British shotgun, but does understand that sadly many family heirlooms have been sold to pay death duties and school fees and that sadly it's inevitable that an over and under has to be used instead.

Also to defray some of the costs of the shoot, the host has to sell days of shooting to all those new monied city types, pop stars and footballers with their flashy range rover sports, bentleys and ritzy italian shotguns.

Posts: 979 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And how much approximately will it cost for one day of hunting on grouse and pheasant?

One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vashper:
And how much approximately will it cost for one day of hunting on grouse and pheasant?

It always amazes me what guys will pay for grouse shooting in the UK!

One of Us
Picture of umzingele
posted Hide Post
Please Note: These vehicles do not leak oil: they are simply marking their territory!

Posts: 263 | Location: Johannesburg, South Africa | Registered: 20 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, it does save time and money on having to go to the dealer for an oil change. You just keep topping off the crankcase. But it's best to do that before you drive somewhere however. You never really know how much the oil fairies drank the day before.

one of us
posted Hide Post
HEYMSR20, is this really true, or rather, is this for real? The shooting sports ie. FITASC, sporting clays, International Skeet etc. are dominated by O/U guns! In fact, S/S seem to be a novelty eg. look I can break these targets even with a S/S!!!
I admit that S/S guns can be things of beauty. I have a very nice looking CSMC RBL S/S shotgun, fitted case etc. etc. It is a beauty to look at. I have many favorable comments when I use it, and I do use it at the (American) skeet range. However, if I am shooting for score, then I use my O/U!!
peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote