New
Find
Notify
Tools

$48,400,000 To Spare??
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Posts: 66834 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted Hide Post
That's only the most expensive car ever sold at auction. The most expensive car ever sold was...wait for it...another Ferrari 250 GTO. $70,000,000.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/w...cord-sale/index.html

I suspect that if any car could come close to 250 GTO prices, it would be a Bugatti Royale, but IIRC, none are in private hands.

Posts: 7472 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
I was surprised that this particular car went that high being that it was an original 1962 car which once wore the most beautiful alloy body ever applied to a GT car and was rebodied in 1964 just as the '64s were.
No comparison in the beauty dept IMO.

Posts: 3232 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think the most expensive new car sold was a Rolls Royce that was $13 million.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 14 September 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Huvius:
I was surprised that this particular car went that high being that it was an original 1962 car which once wore the most beautiful alloy body ever applied to a GT car and was rebodied in 1964 just as the '64s were.
No comparison in the beauty dept IMO.

Compared to other GTO's that body is inelegant to put it nicely.

I heard about the one that sold for $72,000,000. It was a private sale and not publicized.

Dick Wright

Posts: 669 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 27 March 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
Never was a fan of that body style, nor the bread box and the most recent iteration of it- the "Lusso."

Speaking of historics, my youngest son and I are going to Italy for a week in May to visit my cousins. I'm pumped as I just purchased tickets for The Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este in Como. I didn't plan for it, but it was being held the weekend I land in Milan. The following week, we're going to Maranello for one of the Ferrari owners tours.

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1428 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
You should have a grand time + experience for you both.What A treat for father + son.Enjoy!

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote