Find
Notify
Tools

most fun automatic under $60K
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
No issues. Just saying that a car that was $110-120K or so when new, and that has no doubt been well-maintained, and that has relatively low miles, can be had for $40K or so, at the most. To me, that is a relative song.

And they are beasts. Zero-60 mph in 4.1 seconds, with a top speed of 186 mph (with the electronic limiter removed)!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13340 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where do you want to take it? Take your porsche, Mercedes, BMW, Ferrari on the road and it throws a belt in Clovis NM. or Cheyenne Wyoming. You are toast...
Buy a Corvette or CTS V.
If just tooling around in the city buy a 5-6 yr old Aston Martin convertible. Be different. Where I live Mercedes, Porsches and BMW's (And especially Land Rovers) are common as Camry's.

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nopride2:
Mercedes C63. For 60 grand you should be able to buy a late model low mileage car. They are incredibly fast, corner like a sports car. A 6.3 liter engine of 450 HP and a 7 speed automatic that can be shifted manually. Wrapped up in a fairly luxurious package.

Dave

For a mere $100,000 more you can buy a clean Ferrari Lusso 12 cylinder. Automatic with paddle shifts and 680 HP. The ultimate GT machine.

Posts: 872 | Location: S. E. Arizona | Registered: 01 February 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alec Torres:
quote:
Mercedes C63. For 60 grand you should be able to buy a late model low mileage car. They are incredibly fast, corner like a sports car. A 6.3 liter engine of 450 HP and a 7 speed automatic that can be shifted manually. Wrapped up in a fairly luxurious package.

Dave

For a mere $100,000 more you can buy a clean Ferrari Lusso 12 cylinder. Automatic with paddle shifts and 680 HP. The ultimate GT machine.

Where? The used Lusso's I've seen start around $220,000 and go up.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:
Originally posted by Alec Torres:
quote:

Dave

Where? The used Lusso's I've seen start around $220,000 and go up.

Saw and drove in one in Redwood City, California a couple of weeks ago... 2 years old, 19,000 miles perfect condition with custom grey metallic paint. $160K and that was a FAST car.

Posts: 872 | Location: S. E. Arizona | Registered: 01 February 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
I wonder how an MB E63 wagon holds up 2016

Posts: 6369 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote